Receive statuses from "external" web url

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Receive statuses from "external" web url

Postby DarknessBBB » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:48 am

Hello there,
I'm trying to interlink Vicidial with a remote, proprietary, web based CRM.
Just like Vtiger, the agent logs in in both vicidial and CRM.
When the agent starts to call, it gets the lead, the related crm page is open via the webformurl (thanks to the CRM programmers), and it works flawless.

The problem is in the disposition step.
RIght now they hangup the lead on vicidial, they move on the CRM choosing the dispo and finally choose the status in the vicidial's dispo page.

It would be wonderful if they could only choose the dispo in the external CRM.
I was thinking this: since the leads have the same ID on both systems, it wouldn't be possible for vicidial to grab the status from the external CRM? Just like the "Dispo Call URL", this CRM could open an URL pointing to Vicidial with the lead ID, status callback date-time, comments and so on. VIcidial gest these data and automagically close the green dispo page.

I Know it is not a current feature, but, is a viable way?

Thank you very much.
Davide
DarknessBBB

Postby mflorell » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:11 pm

The API currently does allow for dispositioning, but not setting of scheduled callbacks. You could do a lot of that through direct DB access, but it will take a bit of work.

****** UPDATE ******

The non-agent API now allows for setting of scheduled callbacks when adding or updating a lead.
Last edited by mflorell on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:58 pm

Use the coding from the admin modify lead page. it has the necessary functions to set a callback. written by matt. if it gets too complex for you, i'm sure matt could write a custom one. Then you'll still be using vicidial code (and if you store your DIFF, you'll be able to upgrade and re-diff to maintain compatibility). If you actually ONLY strip out functions that are not necessary from teh page, and continue to use the stock code ... this could appear in an iFrame and maintain compatibility fairly well.

technically speaking, it could almost be USED as an API. 8)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby DarknessBBB » Mon May 09, 2011 1:24 pm

mflorell wrote:The API currently does allow for dispositioning, but not setting of scheduled callbacks. You could do a lot of that through direct DB access, but it will take a bit of work.

Hello Matt,
where can I find the source code in the SVN trunk?
DarknessBBB

Postby williamconley » Mon May 09, 2011 1:29 pm

DarknessBBB wrote:
mflorell wrote:The API currently does allow for dispositioning, but not setting of scheduled callbacks. You could do a lot of that through direct DB access, but it will take a bit of work.

Hello Matt,
that's a bit redundant, don't you think? (svn IS source code ...?)

if you want source code that can modify and/or create callbacks ... it's in the admin modify lead page. On your server already. Modify ANY lead. Look at your URL. That page has the code in it necessary to make/delete/modify a callback.
williamconley

Postby DarknessBBB » Mon May 09, 2011 1:36 pm

williamconley wrote:
DarknessBBB wrote:

Hello Matt,
that's a bit redundant, don't you think? (svn IS source code ...?)

No no, I'm talking about the API that manages the dispositioning, as said by Matt. I would like to integrate it with the admin_modify_lead functions, as you have suggested :-)
DarknessBBB

Postby williamconley » Mon May 09, 2011 2:25 pm

he was likely referring to the agent api. have a look at /usr/src/astguiclient/[VERSION]/docs for documentation on the use of the api and the non-agent.api, both.
williamconley

Postby DarknessBBB » Mon May 09, 2011 2:49 pm

williamconley wrote:he was likely referring to the agent api. have a look at /usr/src/astguiclient/[VERSION]/docs for documentation on the use of the api and the non-agent.api, both.

You're the man! I'll work on it in this week!
DarknessBBB

Return to Features