Features discussion - Disconnected Numbers detection

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Re: Features discussion - Disconnected Numbers detection

Postby fibres » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi william

Thats an even better idea. That would really make this Enhanced Disconnect Logging Complete IMHO.

Delay Filter? Is this a feature I have missed where you can set a minimum delay between calling particular statues irrespective of if list has been reset? If so where do I find this?

Regards

Ps I am getting this strange feeling you are stalking me! But maybe thats just my overly paranoid personality disorder!
Vicibox 4.0.3 ISO install.
VERSION: 2.6-393a
BUILD: 130124-1721
Astersik 1.4.44-vici
No Hardware
No other software installed
fibres

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Delay filter = copy the "UK Drop 72 hour limit" filter and modify it for other statuses. Since you can only have one filter at a time ... you'll have to combine them. I'm not positive the UK drop filter is still in there, now that I think of it, now that there is a drop recall delay field specifically for that purpose. But I'm not talking about a "Feature", just the act of writing a filter.

I only stalk my wife. And even then only when she allows me to (google maps tracking).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby fibres » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:30 pm

Ok Thanks.

I have a couple of queries related to that but will start a new post in Support as not really suitable here.

Regards

Ps Rofl! :D
Astersik 1.4.44-vici
No Hardware
fibres

Postby dspaan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:29 am

Glad to see this topic is still alive after 2 years :D

PS: We tested with Sangoma netborder last year and did not find the results satisfactory. Detecting disconnected numbers was much easier by simply using the cause codes.

Off-topic: Regarding answering machine detection the results ad difficult to compare since you don't know the amount of false positives when using Asterisk AMD. Also the support from Sangoma is very minimal. We had to get paid support from Vicidial group in the end and on top of that i hate the fact that this only runs on windows, it proved not to be stable we had to reboot the server occasionally. Also the pricing is to high in my humble opinion.
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Postby fibres » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:13 am

Totally Agree.

I trialed CPA last year also and never got it to actually detect anything for some reason.

Sangoma were like yes we will give you a demo, but we wont help you get it up and running. Well thats great but how the hell am I supposed to DEMO the same if it dont work?
Especially in light of the price they charge if you do go ahead with it, they could at least give free support.

Regards
Astersik 1.4.44-vici
No Hardware
fibres

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:19 pm

dspaan wrote:... We had to get paid support from Vicidial group in the end and on top of that i hate the fact that this only runs on windows.
Actually, we've never even installed it on Windows. Only in Linux. (We have NO Windows servers running for well over two years). Which means; Netborder does run on Linux. Installation is a challenge, but fun.
williamconley

Postby Framercy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:09 am

Hello there,

williamconley wrote:Honestly, I think it would be best to "DC##" where the ## is the actual code returned. Then every user could call some numbers for each code and determine for themselves which numbers were temporary and which were really disconnected ... and add those to the dialable statuses (perhaps with a delay filter?) based on the results.

- Think this would be the the best way to do it, so I agree with this totally.

Best regards
Fram
Ubuntu 10.04 on Dell PE 2900 III 2x Intel Xeon CPU 2.66GHz|4xSAS RAID6+2xSAS RAID1|Vicidial 2.6-392a BUILD 130102-1135|DB1337|Asterisk 1.4.39.1vici|DAHDI 2.5.0.1|Libpri1.4.10.1| Voicetime 1.0.15|20 places|Sangoma USB-UT50 timer|4Mbit SDSL SIP trunking
Framercy

Postby DomeDan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:35 pm

DC## would sure be good but right now enhanched DC-handling only cares about 1,19,21,34,38
and ADCT is not a status that the lead will get, its only in the log, just like ADC
but its easy to edit the code to handle more hangup causes and set what status you like on them :)
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby williamconley » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Perhaps there should be a new feature allowing status for the various congestion codes to be specified by the admin user. As a preference. Then the admin user could assign 19 to ADCT if that is what their tests show their provider is using. Hm. :)
williamconley

Postby fibres » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:31 am

Perhaps there should be a new feature allowing status for the various congestion codes to be specified by the admin user. As a preference. Then the admin user could assign 19 to ADCT if that is what their tests show their provider is using. Hm.

That seems like a complicated way of doing it, would require an admin section being written to assign it and extra code in the agi.

I think the DCxx way is much easier, is a simple code change in the agi and adding the dispositions to the database. Or am I missing a step?

Regards
Astersik 1.4.44-vici
No Hardware
fibres

Postby omarrodriguezt » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Good idea William
http://www.ITContinental.com
Dedicated USA Servers - Vicibox - Vicidial - Limesurvey - Vtiger CRM - More than 15 years experience - Hablamos Español
omarrodriguezt

Postby DomeDan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:19 am

I think it might be good to keep down the number of different statuses.

btw my last post here was wrong, didnt think about that patch omarrodriguezt sent to the issue tracker
only vicidial_log had the ADCT value (and it was not a bug, i just thought that was the way the developers wanted it to act) but after the patch both vicidial_log and vicidial_list gets that status

an idea for a enhanced DC admin section, a list of hangup causes that has been recieved in vicidial_carrier_log should appear so the user know what hangup causes that he need to care about, and of-course a little explanation of the hangup cause (like my "real-time carrier log" has)

but what do the rest think, statuses for every hangup cause or being able to edit what causes gets what status?
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
DomeDan

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:57 pm

it would be good to keep down the different statuses, but then again if each of these were to be a possible response from your carrier ... having a method to determine what each one means (with your carrier) is essential to managing them. so an interface making DC18 = ADC vs DC38 = ADCT a "menu driven" conversion could be very cool and still personalized for each carrier.
williamconley

Postby fibres » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:30 am

I think an enhanced dc admin section with ability to map codes to statuses would be great idea. Just a lot more work!

Domedan, where can I get this patch to make adct appear in vicidial_list from?

Regards
Astersik 1.4.44-vici
No Hardware
fibres

Postby DomeDan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:46 am

its in the svn trunk and has been a while, you can also find the link to it in the issue-tracker earlier in this forum-topic
or wait a minute.. only ADC are written to vicidial_list it seams...
DomeDan

Postby fibres » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Yes I have he enhanced logging which is great. But yes only add are written to vicidial_list.

I was referring to the patch by ormarod you referenced in earlier post which changed that behaviour!

Regards
Astersik 1.4.44-vici
No Hardware
fibres

Postby omarrodriguezt » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:24 am

I agree with you fibres. Thats a good idea, and let the status to the users.
Dedicated USA Servers - Vicibox - Vicidial - Limesurvey - Vtiger CRM - More than 15 years experience - Hablamos Español
omarrodriguezt

Postby omarrodriguezt » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:38 am

William, sounds good. I agree with you.
omarrodriguezt

Previous

Return to Features