Features discussion - Manager friendly Reports

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Features discussion - Manager friendly Reports

Postby dspaan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:38 am

So, i have spent some time thinking about these features over the last few months and the goal of this topic is to discuss these features and hopefully let them end up in the Projects forum as bounties so we can fund the development together.

I have been working with outbound mainly so once i get some more inbound experience you can bet i will make a topic about that too :wink: .

In my opinion right now the most important missing features for Outbound VICIdial are:

1.Reliably manage disconnected numbers
2.Status code for maximum attempts
3.Manager friendly Reports<--this topic
4.(Realtime) Sales report
5.Import and export leads templates

Since it would become a mess to discuss all of these subject in one thread i made a thread for each of them. I know that for some of these subjects there have been discussions about them in the past. I will try to reference these older threads as far as i can.

Manager friendly Reports

What i mean by this is that the current report layout isn't very sexy looking. It hurts my head just to have to look at the the reports. The fonts are too small and the borders are way too old fashioned looking. If you want to convince your manger or potential customer or partner to start working with VICIdial the management reports should look a bit more friendly and pleasing to the eye. For instance the statuses overview you see below the modify campaign screen looks a lot better then the standard reports.

Who wants to join a bounty with me to improve the reports once and for all? Or maybe someone already has a beautiful customized report layout?
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Postby mflorell » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:25 am

Making Vicidial sexy was never one of our goals :)

Also, we have discovered that most clients don't want to pay for reporting to be prettier.

Our development efforts on reporting at the moment is adding CSV exports to all reports possible, something a lot more useful than making them pretty.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby KDell » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:52 am

On this I do have a suggestion - seperating inbound and oubound time on reports. It would be nice in a blended center to be able to see the amount of talk time, dead time, and dispo time on inbound calls, along wth the same info for OB calls but seperate.
Multi Server Set Up (3 Asterisk/1 SQL) | VERSION: 2.4-290 | BUILD: 101127-2232 | Asterisk - 1.4.21.2-vici | Ubuntu 8.04 LTS | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation
G729 via Digium | 80 seats
KDell

Return to Features