Dial ratio based on average wait time

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Dial ratio based on average wait time

Postby PierreDeux » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi everyone
I've been using vicidial for more, than a year now and since we started I'm experiencing problems with setting a correct ratio, which will allow to keep a certain drop rate together with reasonable agent wait time.
The main problem is that our connectivity ratio is not the same even within a single leads list, so if I set dial ratio to 3 (for example) and it's okay now, but in an hour it can be not enough (too many AA, NA or similar calls).
This could be solved by setting a drop rate I need and bigger dial rate, but vicidial strictly dials at rate 1, when drop rate is exceeded (instead of "soft" decreasing dial rate till drops will become okay).

So my question is: is it possible to set dynamic dial ratio, based on average agent wait time? For example I set it to 20 seconds and vicidial will update dial ratio itself based on connectivity rate or something.
PierreDeux

Postby mflorell » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:50 pm

admin.php version and build?

Number of agents per campaign?

Any reason you aren't using an adapt dial method?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby PierreDeux » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:08 am

admin.php:
VERSION: 2.4-306a
BUILD: 110310-0311

I usually have 45-55 agents dialing at the same time.

Problem with adapt dial method was described above: it dials at maximum allowed ratio before it reaches certain drop limit. After that it sets dial ratio to 1 till drop limit will get back to normal. But while dial ratio is set to 1 my agents experience huge wait time (and thus I'm loosing money). If vicidial could softly decrease dial ratio when drop rate is met - it would be okay, but strictly setting it to 1 is awful for me.
PierreDeux

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:21 am

Have you tried changing the other settings in the green area like Available Only Tally, Dial Level Difference Target and Adapt Intensity Modifier? That is what those settings are for.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby PierreDeux » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:01 am

Yes, I did, for example right now:
Drop level was 0.34% higher, than the one in settings, Adapt Intensity Modifier was set to +15. Dial method is Adapt average
Vicidial dropped dial level to 1 in less, than a minute and keeps it at 1.
PierreDeux

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:02 am

How much do you care about keeping to your strict Drop Percentage Limit that you have set?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby PierreDeux » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:18 am

Not much in fact once it's within any reasonable values. Most of time I control it manually by adjusting dial level from time to time.
PierreDeux

Postby williamconley » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:10 pm

you should consider letting the dialer be on ratio until you have dialed a few thousand calls so the dialer doesn't "overreact". and then use the adapt settings with available only set to NO and leave the other controls balanced.

we've had pretty good results with the "stock" Vicidial setup design as long as there is enough data for the algorithm to make its decisions. the only time we have a problem usually is when there isn't enough data yet.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:13 pm

I would suggest setting the Dial Level Difference Target to -1 to start for a 45-agent campaign, and the Adapt Intensity Modifier back to 0, and the dial method to ADAPT_AVERAGE, and the Drop Percentage Limit to a much higher value than you have it set to now and let the adaptive algorithm work.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Features