Unified messaging and VICIDIAL

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Unified messaging and VICIDIAL

Postby pahonen » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:23 am

Hi,

While I'm pretty sure this topic is already discussed somewhere on the forum I just did not get any relevant hits with the search, sorry.

So, we are currently running a contact center with a proprietary exchange and contact management system, and now we are evaluating options to replace this old and not so agile system with something more modern.
Vicidial looks pretty good when we're looking at just call handling, and my bosses are really into it.

However, we'd need to be able to handle also incoming emails, faxes and SMSes. Could it be possible to get these into the call queue, so that emails would be handled by our agents just as phone calls?

I guess if we got the mails into the queue we'd be able to route faxes and smses in as email messages.

Thanks for your time.
pahonen

Postby williamconley » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:41 am

do you have a budget for this? because of course it is all possible (love open source). but if you do not have a deep pocket, the odds on getting it to press are kinda slim.

also, please explain to me the workflow. will an agent handle simultaneous phone/fax/email/IM? or will they only handle one thing at a time? or "optional" based the agent capabilities in some fashion?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby pahonen » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:37 am

Hi,

Thanks for your answer!

I guess we'd might be ready to put some money in for this... Define deep :) Actually, I guess time would more be an issue than money.

About the workflow: The agent would handle incoming messages just as he/she would had received a phone call - the agent would go "busy" until the task is ready and he/she would be ready to handle the next task.

Actually, I'm slightly amazed if no one hasn't already implemented this kind of functionality in a way or another?
pahonen

Postby williamconley » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:51 pm

pahonen wrote:Actually, I guess time would more be an issue than money.
I think you phrased that wrong. Less time equals more money. Not which is "more" important, as they are the same thing! LOL

Unless you are saying you have unlimited funds, money is equally important as time. 8-)

So one item at a time (IM/SMS/Voice call/Email) and the campaigns would be intermingled. I guess the "ingroups" functionality would be utilized along with the ability to have outbound message types other than voice in the campaigns.

I'm not surprised that there is presently NOT an open-source solution for this. Vicidial itself is still young, and Matt has not been paid to put in the 2nd piece of the puzzle (much less 3rd, 4th, 5th). It would certainly be a worthy upgrade.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Features