Auto opt-out on abandon call

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Auto opt-out on abandon call

Postby ittech25 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Hello all!

I apologize if this question has been addressed, as I have been searching for an answer but have not seen a solution.

On Jan 14th 2013, the FTC will require an automated opt out mechanism (press 1 to be instantly added to the DNC list) on all pre-recorded calls (this includes abandon call messages) for predictivly dialed outbound calls. In handling abandon (or "dropped") call, I only see the options for hangup, voicemail, message or to route to an inbound agent.

I'm assuming the answer might lie somewhere in routing the call to ingroup and go from there..but I'm not sure. Has anyone successfully rolled out this new requirement?

I am currently testing this install with
VERSION: 2.4-309a
BUILD: 110430-1642
GoAutoDial 2.1 CE
running on VMWare ESXi.

I plan on rolling out to a cluster of servers once I can get the configuration the way we need it.

Thanks for your time in reading this!
ittech25

Re: Auto opt-out on abandon call

Postby williamconley » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:23 pm

the standard vicidial survey implementation has dnc options built in. for non-survey outbound calls, you would drop the call to a "call-menu" and use an agi script to a change the status to DNC if the prospect presses X (whichever option you have in your recording, matched to the option that you put the agi script on in the menu). i belive there is an example agi script capable of performing this feat.

it would be interesting to have a "change the status of this lead to XX" option added to the menu choices. Then you wouldn't even need an agi script.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:01 am

We just added agi/cm_dnc.agi for this purpose. It is more flexible than the old NI-DNC agi script and can easily be used with the Drop Action set to Call Menu on a campaign.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ittech25 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Thank you for pointing the direction!

Matt - I don't see cm_dnc.agi that you are referring to in my install or in the latest sourceforge download (2.4 RC2). If you do not mind, could you point me to it?

Thank you very much
ittech25

Postby williamconley » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:22 pm

It was just added to svn/trunk recently. If you are using a release then it won't be there.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Features