Updating custom fields in a live call

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Updating custom fields in a live call

Postby ittech25 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Hello!

First off, I want to thank Matt and everyone else who has worked on this software. It's amazing. The further I learn about it, the more I am appreciating the time people have put into this.

I have a question on updating custom fields.

I have a multi-page script inside an iframe. Everything works great (including updating standard vicidial fields (firstname, lastname, etc.) but when I try to update a custom field, I am running into issues.

1) The agent API does not seem to have this functionality. It only updates standard fields.
2) The non-agent API has an option to update custom fields, however, when I try to pass the values of only a single field, it saves that field and then nullifies all other fields within that record.
3) When I use the non-agent API method, when I disposition the call, all custom fields return to their original values. I assume because they get updated again from the "form" on the agent screen.

Questions:
A) Am I passing the API call correctly on the non-agent API?
non_agent_api.php?source=$campaign&user=$user&pass=$pass&function=update_lead&custom_fields=Y&search_location=LIST&list_id=$list_id&lead_id=$lead_id&autorenew=$autorenew

B) Is there a way to retain the value of the custom field alter during the dispositioning? (I have successfully done this by manually going to the form and pressing 'refresh', but I do not think a phoner will remember to do this each time).

I am currently testing this install with
VERSION: 2.4-309a
BUILD: 110430-1642
GoAutoDial 2.1 CE
running on VMWare ESXi.

Thanks!!
ittech25

Re: Updating custom fields in a live call

Postby ittech25 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Update:
I seem to have solved this (for now).
1) I disabled vdc_form_display.php by adding die() to the second line. This took care of overwriting the custom values I set.
2) I built a custom update script to update custom_$list_id table. The script just updates the field(s) I need and leaves the remaining fields alone in that record.

I'd still be curious to know if I was originally doing something wrong, as it seems this feature would be needed for anything more than a basic script. (Anything with custom fields in iframe). If I wasn't doing anything wrong and this is not a feature, I'd like to share my code once I can get it full featured.

Thanks!
ittech25

Postby mflorell » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:01 pm

The version you are using is over a year and a half old. The custom field update feature was added to the API a while ago, if you upgrade to a more recent version you will have it and many other new features.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ittech25 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Sorry!! I actually quoted you the wrong version. I did a reinstall and this is on:
VERSION: 2.6-375a
BUILD: 120831-1523

(Not sure if that makes a difference or not)

Also, one more question. I am using the agent API to disp a call as follows:
api.php?source=test&user=12192&pass=pass&agent_user=12192&function=external_status&value=SALE

I get the message:
SUCCESS: external_status function set - SALE|12192

However, the call does not get dispositioned. It stays on the agent screen for the agent to select a disp and in the STATUS field, they are now saying "ERI". Is that an upgrade issue or should I be looking at something? Agents do have API access.

Thanks a bunch. I know your time is valuable.
ittech25

Postby mflorell » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Did you hang up the call before issuing the disposition API call?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ittech25 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Yeah, I've tried it with cust hang up first and API hang up with the same result. I do see SALE in the external_status field in the vicidial_live_agents table, but the agent screen does not update at all. The agent still has to select the disp. Then on the vicidial_list table, the status field says "ERI".
ittech25

Postby mflorell » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:40 am

It's possible that you are having an upgrade issue, check the agc web directory for a mysql errors file and see if there are any issues shown in there.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ittech25 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:55 pm

I think I figured it out. All seems to work after I re-enabled vdc_form_display.php. It seems this page has to submit in order for everything to work.
ittech25

Return to Features