User defined lead-id at upload time

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

User defined lead-id at upload time

Postby ahouari » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:30 am

Hello,
I am fairly new to this software, which amazes me everyday!
I have a client with a specific need: is it possible to set, at upload time for example, a user-defined lead ID? My client has a primary key to defined the uniqueness of each line in the leads list: we are calling patients participating in a study, that we need to contact à different time intervals, for different purposes. For example, patient 1 has a T1 call, a T4 call, a T8 call etc, that are made for different purposes, will generate different comments, and different dispositions, and need to be treated as if they were different people. In addition, we may call different people (example husband and wife) on the same phone number, so phone numbers can be "duplicates" in the list.

So basically, each lead is unique through a client predifined ID in the form of PatientNumber-Tx (Tx can be the T1, T4, T8 discussed above). Is it possible to upload the list with my client's predefined code as a lead_ID?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Amine.

GOAUTODIAL 2.1
DELL PC QUADCORE 2.7 Ghz 4 GB RAM 500G HD
GOOGLE CHROME 16.0.9
X-lite 4.3 and Eybeam
Codec G729
ahouari

Re: User defined lead-id at upload time

Postby mflorell » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:51 am

Usually the vendor_lead_code or the source_id are the fields used for client-loaded unique IDs. Lead_id is generated and assigned by the system, and it should not be overwritten.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ahouari » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:55 am

Thanks.
Does that mean that if I use Vendor Lead Code, the system will consider each one a distinct lead, eventhough the same names and phone numbers may appear several times in the list?
ahouari

Postby mflorell » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:42 pm

The system will only check for duplicates if you tell it to when leads are loaded. Otherwise it lets duplicates in with no problems.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Features