Scandic characters to vicidial admin

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Scandic characters to vicidial admin

Postby rsaaris » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:23 am

What would it take to get the scandic characters to work with vicidial? When we add new leads the names are cut where there are scands. For example If text string is "Matti Meikäläinen" in original form it is "Matti Meik" in vicidial after the leads are loaded. Same problem occurs when recieving emails. Is this something that is easy to fix?

Vicibox 3.1.15 / .iso
VERSION: 2.6-393a
BUILD: 130124-1721
Asterisk version: 1.4.38-vici
IBM System X3550/X3650
Sangoma E1 -card
rsaaris

Re: Scandic characters to vicidial admin

Postby DomeDan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:01 am

I've had this problem too.
the first way to fix it is to set "Use Non-Latin" to 1, but DONT do that, it will introduce many security vulnerabilities!
instead you can use sed to change the ereg_replace like this:
(remeber to always make backups)
cd /srv/www/htdocs/vicidial
cp admin.php admin.php.bak
sed -i 's/a-z/a-ö/g; s/A-Z/A-Ö/g' admin.php

I've been using admin.php with that change a long time now,
if you need to make the change on all files you can do that like this:
(Warning: I have not made this change on my live system because I haven't needed it yet)
cd /srv/www/htdocs/
find ./ -name '*.php' | xargs sed -i 's/a-z/a-ö/g; s/A-Z/A-Ö/g'
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Re: Scandic characters to vicidial admin

Postby Framercy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:36 pm

We save our lead files as utf8 before importing it here in Germany - this way the special chars are imported in the right manner.

I think that you have to deal with the same problem at your side. Problem occurs in Europe because Microsoft sticks on latin character sets per default.

Safe your text file as utf8 right before importing and watch out if things go better then for you too.

Best regards
Fram
Ubuntu 10.04 on Dell PE 2900 III 2x Intel Xeon CPU 2.66GHz|4xSAS RAID6+2xSAS RAID1|Vicidial 2.6-392a BUILD 130102-1135|DB1337|Asterisk 1.4.39.1vici|DAHDI 2.5.0.1|Libpri1.4.10.1| Voicetime 1.0.15|20 places|Sangoma USB-UT50 timer|4Mbit SDSL SIP trunking
Framercy

Return to Features