Screen Capture

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Screen Capture

Postby alkinjay1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Now that vicidial has it's own QC system can we set up a bounty on adding some type of screen capture for the Agent Monitors?
alkinjay1

Re: Screen Capture

Postby mflorell » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:45 pm

There is a commercial solution with OrecX that does this currently, and we have a few clients using Vicidial and OrecX screen capture for several years now.

As for an open-source(or free) solution. I have heard of companies using a variant of VNC to offer this feature, but it takes quite a lot of customization to get working, as well as custom installers for every operating system you are going to support.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Is the purpose of the screen capture for troubleshooting, or "sale data backup"?

It would be possible to capture the agent data to a log file upon button press, which is not helpful to capture an error message or "problem" with the screen, but excellent for logging "this moment in time". Then that log would require some form of display system (for the agent to view his own captures and that agent's manager to view his agent's captures, and the superuser to view everything ... ie: user group based).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby alkinjay1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:59 pm

The purpose would be to verify that all actions the user was suppose to take on a call were taken. For example, In the case of my business did the user go into our CRM and send out the correct letters? This question could be easily answered by log files (which is what we are currently doing) but I find that to be slower and less accurate. It assumes that every supporting system a person uses has an easily accessed log file which may not be the case. I've looked at Orecx website a little bit, I think it would get very pricey if you needed to do 100% call recording. We've also had a few bad experiences with programs that do packet sniffing to record voip which will make it harder to sell to the boss.
alkinjay1

Postby williamconley » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:16 pm

I have found that putting a tag for all required actions and having a validation script run (dispo url!) that checks for each tag is useful. Logs are good, but we do not rely on them that often except for troubleshooting. Except for process logs created specifically for this purpose, in which case we try not to name them "logs", but call them "audit" tables instead. Each required process gets an audit entry. Missing audit entry = flag for the manager when the dispo url fires. :) Extremely accurate, fully automated. Never miss an entry. We would then LOG the flag for the manager (unless we want to audit his response/resolution ... in which case that's another audit table!).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:03 pm

OrecX voip audio recording works very well, and can actually be installed directly as a module on the Vicidial-Asterisk servers instead of being on a separate machine. Our clients that use it have reported that it is very reliable. The screen recording of course operates through a completely different mechanism than the voice recordings.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Features