Dial Method and Call Count

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Dial Method and Call Count

Postby dspaan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:20 am

I often notice we have to manage the Dial Method for predictive outbound campaigns because agents are either waiting to long for a call or the opposite, there are too many drops.

In those cases we either change the Maximum Adapt Dial Level or we change from ADAPT to RATIO.

But i have noticed this virtually always has to do with the quality of the leads. If there are leads in the hopper with a +10 call count for instance the wait time increases and we have to modify the dialer settings.

So my idea is this, why not make the leads call count setting a factor that is used by the ADAPT algorithms?

Concrete:

-The average call count of the leads loaded into the hopper is calculated
-Add a field to the campaign detail settings (green section) called Average Call Count Threshold
-Add a field called Maximum <CC Adapt Dial Level (means this is the dial level when the average call count in the hopper is below the defined threshold)
-Add a field called Maximum >CC Adapt Dial Level (means this is the dial level when the average call count in the hopper is above the defined threshold)

This way if you lead new leads or do something else with your lists you won't get an instant wave of drops or the opposite.
Thoughts?
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Re: Dial Method and Call Count

Postby williamconley » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:44 pm

This could be handled easier at present as an external script. Have it run every 1-10 minutes (depending on your preference) and make the adjustment based on the average call count and change the value of the adapt dial level accordingly. If you wanted this to be different for each campaign, you would store the value in one of the campaign settings or in a table outside vicidial.

However, if this change is necessary, then your campaign settings are probably not well-designed for an adapt campaign. After all, it will adjust to any qualify of call on-the-fly based on drop call percentage (that's what adapt is designed to do). So you may want to look at your other settings. The max adapt shouldn't be a factor in a well-designed system after initial startup.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby SlavaE » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:17 pm

I run a script to remove numbers that were called over 13 times and every time status was 'NA'. Well I don't actually remove them, but mark them as disconnected status, because that's what 90% of them are.
13-15 runs seem to be very accurate in my experience to determine a number being disconnected, and it does help with wait times a lot.
SlavaE

Postby williamconley » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Newer version of Vicidial seems to identify DC (actually "ADC") quite well. And it has a campaign setting to ignore leads which have been called over XX times (admittedly, this is not limited to NA, but honestly if you've called someone 13 times and the result is "B" it's still not good to keep calling!).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby SlavaE » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Thx william. Can't wait to try that new feature!
SlavaE

Postby dspaan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:53 am

We have also been doing that since a long time. We used the call count setting combined with an SQL trigger to change leads which reach the call count to MAX status. Good to know it's part of vicidial now.

However, i think my feature suggestion is still a good one. I don't think campaigns can be designed around this problem because in the scenario you said William, what would happen is that a fresh bunch of leads is loaded, we get a lot of drops (so those valuable leads can't be called again until after the drop lockout time) and then the drop limit is reached which brings the dialer to a dial ratio of 1:1 which is then again way to slow. In my opinion a predictive algorithm should be able to predict if it's going to hit the drop limit and do something to prevent that from happening. Therefore call count is a factor.

But yeah, i guess an external script works too.
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Return to Features