GUI Feature Request: More Intuitive Pause/Resume Button.

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

GUI Feature Request: More Intuitive Pause/Resume Button.

Postby covarrubiasgg » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:33 pm

I just want to share with you one of the most recurring issues i have when explaining the agent interface to the new operators and it is the pause and resume buttons.

They always think, that if the pause button is on green is because they are paused and vice-verse.

I always explain them that it is as an old Cassette Player with big buttons that you can push down, when the play button was down and unable to push it meant it was on play. But many operator now never used that kind of technology :oops:

This happens over and over with all my customers, same happens with the Mute and Unmute buttons

This is just a feedback from the end-users.

My feature request would be to have just one button that says Ready and Not Ready, or maybe just a Play and Stop symbols that can be more intuitive for non technical users, because i must confess, the way it is now make perfect sense for me, but i hear this complain hundreds of time per year, so maybe it is not the best approach. Maybe this is something cultural specific for my country (Mexico) i dont know, dont you have these complains on your installations?

Tomorrow i have a batch of new agents :P i will try this icons and see if that make sense for them :roll:

covarrubiasgg

Re: GUI Feature Request: More Intuitive Pause/Resume Button.

Postby mflorell » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:31 am

Please post to the Issue Tracker and include reeplacement GIF files if possible.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby DomeDan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:12 am

I also get a lot of agent that dont understand when they are on pause or not.
maybe replace the two buttons with one instead? just to keep it simple

here is two examples:
just the green button will indicate if they are on pause or not

or a text that will tell them but that might make them confused too when they will go to ready from pause
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby dspaan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:06 pm

I think Domedan's solution is best. But another thing i always have to explain to managers and agents is not to use the pause button at all except for emergencies since pressing the pause button creates drops. Therefore i replaced the pause button with a red stop button to make it less appealing to click on.

@covarrubiasgg - You can easily upload and replace your own created Ready/Not Ready buttons to replace the default buttons. The problem i have is that we use Dutch as a language and the words Ready and Not Ready won't fit on those small buttons. One big button which Domedan suggested would be better.
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Postby covarrubiasgg » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:58 pm

i also think one button is far better approach.

These Play, Pause buttons was the most simplistic solution for me because it only took me 3 minutes to create the gifs in GIMP and replace the images in the images folder

But to change it to one button i will have to change the code and every time i change the code, something gets broke :oops:, but i agree, single Button is the beast approach...
covarrubiasgg

Postby mav2287 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:32 pm

Most of the other dialer systems I worked with had one button that toggles rather than 2
ViciBox5.x86_64-5.0.3.preload from .iso upgraded to 13.1 | VERSION: 2.10-444c BUILD: 150129-0828 | 1.8.32.2-vici | Dual Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel twin quad core 3Ghz Xeon chips | 32gb of RAM
mav2287

Postby chasejordan1 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:53 pm

I like "you are active" "you are paused"

Lets make it happen.
chasejordan1

Postby DomeDan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:36 am

Made a patch to change to the single button "you are active" / "you are paused" and uploaded the gif files.
Did some basic testing and it should work as expected :) try it out
http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALmantis/view.php?id=814
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
DomeDan

Postby dspaan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:18 am

Nice work DomeDan! I hope Matt will incorporate this in the SVN trunk.
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
dspaan

Postby okli » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:38 pm

dspaan wrote:Nice work DomeDan! I hope Matt will incorporate this in the SVN trunk.
+1
okli

Postby mflorell » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:07 pm

It looks like I should have some time to work on this over the next few days. Are there any volunteers out there that would be able to work on the buttons for other languages?(Spanish, Dutch, Russian, etc...)

We don't have the graphics finalized yet, after some discussions we think that the "YOU ARE PAUSED" button should be yellow instead of grey, and the "YOU ARE ACTIVE" button should be green, and we will need grayed-out versions of both of them, so 4 total new GIFs.

I'll post more information when I have time to get started on this, just wanted to see if we have any volunteers out there to help with either the translations or making the buttons themselves.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby dspaan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:44 pm

Yes i can make the Dutch buttons.
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
dspaan

Postby DomeDan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:46 am

Cool, didn't expect this to get considered this soon, I'm happy it is! :D

I uploaded two new gimp files that can be used for making translated gifs,
its 2 kinds of backgrounds to switch from yellow/grey and green/grey and a text-box to make it easy to create translated gifs with gimp
* EDIT * use vdc_LB_active_v002.xcf Matt uploaded to http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALmantis/view.php?id=814 to make translated buttons

Here is the new english gifs you requested:
* EDIT * uploaded to the issue tracker

and here is the Swedish gifs
* EDIT * uploaded to the issue tracker

this is how it should look with yellow:
Last edited by DomeDan on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
DomeDan

Postby mflorell » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:12 am

Code is committed to svn/trunk. I have also updated the Gimp graphics file on the Issue Tracker ticket. Please feel free to use that file when you create your buttons so that the new buttons can have a consistent font and colors with the other buttons.

http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALmantis/view.php?id=814

Also, after discussions with clients and others at the office, we decided that the grayed-out inactive button(when agent is on a call) should be blank with no text, as not to confuse agents about the state they were in.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Features