More Fields Add

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Postby collectorcc1 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:43 am

I am getting below error :

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1:SELECT define_questions, edit_survey_property, delete_survey FROM lime_surveys_rights WHERE sid=667555104323034213208 AND uid =
collectorcc1

Postby mflorell » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:26 am

This is a support issue, not a feature. And you didn't give us anywhere near enough information to help you diagnose the problem.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby collectorcc1 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:58 am

I followed the exact way as "Trying" suggested in this post above.
collectorcc1

Postby williamconley » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:25 am

collectorcc1 wrote:I am getting below error :

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1:SELECT define_questions, edit_survey_property, delete_survey FROM lime_surveys_rights WHERE sid=667555104323034213208 AND uid =
Our problem is that you have not in any way described where this error occurred. Did you get it in an email? Was it on the screen during a specific activity? What URL were you in? Were you in the Asterisk CLI? MySQL CLI?

Without some idea of where it occured ... most of the programmers may skim over it without reading because they don't even know if it's it Vicidial or Lime.

Please remember that all the programmers on this site DONATE their time. And there isn't enough of it. We try to help those who are seriously trying (and prove that they are by providing as much information as possible about a situation, so we need only apply our experience to your situation to assist you ...).

Now, should you choose to PAY one of the programmers on this site, then what you posted I'm sure would have been acceptable. The programmer would have spent the first 15 minutes figuring out where the snippit came from, and billed you extra for it.

Are you following?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:47 am

He's been banned, again. collectorcc1 was just another alias for David P from Bengal, India.
mflorell
Site Admin

Limesurvey Integration with Vicidial

Postby gerald_lyc » Sat May 29, 2010 11:57 am

How can i integrate Limesurvey with vicidialNOW.

I just paste the limesurvey(php) under "/var/www/html/"?

Someone can help?

Can we do drag and drop of combo box in limesurvey? Whar is the iframe mode?
gerald_lyc

Re: Limesurvey Integration with Vicidial

Postby williamconley » Sat May 29, 2010 5:51 pm

gerald_lyc wrote:How can i integrate Limesurvey with vicidialNOW.

I just paste the limesurvey(php) under "/var/www/html/"?

Someone can help?

Can we do drag and drop of combo box in limesurvey? Whar is the iframe mode?
perhaps you would consider starting your own thread so the topic will make sense. just a thought.

and here's a bit more of a thought, for when you DO start that new thread (or at least add to an already running limesurvey thread):

when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method, vicidial version and build, asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box.

Similar to This:
Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X Build XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)
williamconley

Postby powehouse » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:45 am

Hi, just to sidetrack on things. I followed Trying's instruction. After populating the table, deleting the install folder. When I got to the login page and tried to login I get this error from limesurvey

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1:SELECT define_questions, edit_survey_property, delete_survey FROM lime_surveys_rights WHERE sid=654614835696444882 AND uid = "

Vicibox v 2.4/256 | Build 100523-8040 | Asterisk 1.4 | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation
powehouse

Postby williamconley » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:48 am

sql standards:

this is where your problems are:

sid=654614835696444882 AND uid = "

1) 654614835696444882 should be '654614835696444882' (with single quotes otherwise the mysql interpreter will think it is a field)

2) are you looking for a record with a blank uid?
uid= ''
'' = "blank"
williamconley

Postby gerald_lyc » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:39 pm

I have vicidial now, am installing limesurvey following these instruction:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

cd /var/www/html/
wget http://softlayer.dl.sourceforge.net/pro ... 907.tar.gz
gunzip limesurvey185plus-build7593-20090907.tar.gz
tar xvf limesurvey185plus-build7593-20090907.tar
rm -f limesurvey185plus-build7593-20090907.tar

vi config.php
* change variable to fit
database = limedb
user = limedbuser
password = limedbpw

mysql
create database limedb;
create user limedbuser;
create user limedbuser@localhost;
set password for limedbuser = PASSWORD('limedbpw');
set password for limedbuser@localhost = PASSWORD('limedbpw');
grant all on limedb.* to 'limedbuser';
grant all on limedb.* to 'limedbuser'@'localhost';

*IN A WEB BROWSER, GO TO THIS ADDRESS TO POPULATE THE ADDRESS:
http://SERVER/limesurvey/admin/install/

* delete the admin install directory
rm -fr admin/install/

Go to adm web page:
http://SERVER/limesurvey/admin/admin.php

At this point i am always getting a blank screen.... why???? can someone help please
gerald_lyc

Postby dspaan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Hello i'm having trouble finding a changelog with an update about the features of the latest vicidial/vicibox releases. Does Vicidial have custom fields yet?
dspaan

Postby williamconley » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Yup. SVN Trunk has it. Not in the Documentation yet, but my clients who are using it love it. When 2.4 releases and has documentation, it will be a splendid thing. But it can (and is, vigorously) be used right now.
williamconley

Postby dspaan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Thanks for the quick reply :D

SVN trunk, i'm guessing this not easy to install? I have basic skills and installed VICIBox in the past but if it goes any further i think i won't manage. Is there a tutorial for installation? I understand there isn't full documentation, just trying to be as clear as possible...
dspaan

Postby mflorell » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:54 am

It really isn't that hard to install SVN/trunk if you follow the instructions.

Just download the code using SVN:
http://wiki.vicidial.org/index.php/SVN:howto

Then follow the UPGRADE document steps to upgrade your system.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:19 pm

actually, it is very easy to install after you have a running system.

and after you figure out that SVN is really just a simple way to get the source code ... and IN the source code is a document named "UPGRADE" which has step by step instructions (generally less than 10 lines!) to install the newer version.

backup beforehand (/usr/share/astguiclient/ has a backup.pl script in it ... read it and USE it!) and you should be able to upgrade in 10 minutes easily.
williamconley

Postby devafree » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:32 pm

Hello,

The Add More fields topic moved to center around Vicidial <--> Limesurvey , i think here.

But the purpose of my message here in respect to an older thread , http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/v ... php?t=3136, in regard to the topic of more fields, by webform popup feature method.

Back then , I was using NVU to design the webforms , and made a suggestion in that regards, but as Matt said, it involved using a non-related third party app loaded separately on a machine.

As of now , I use fckeditor , that i put in the vicidial apache-httpd server for building any number of fields.

I now think that it may not be too difficult to write a script to read the output of a content saved in fckeditor and make it into a serviceable webform for use with vicidial.

I feel this will provide greater facility than adding custom fields. (which is a great addition , no doubt). Also, it can then be worked upon to include data from third party databases or URL posts. Maybe we can also build UI for cURL functions to use other web based pages in time ; i think this will make the Add more fields functionality comprehensive , by providing a Form Builder in WYSIWYG in Admin area of vicidial.

What do you think about this idea (i havent yet started working on it actually ; just the idea came to me). But i will try to get it in in a month time or so..

devafree
devafree

Postby devafree » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:32 pm

Hello,

here is how i think the logic will work, with fckeditor :
The editor will be in admin area , and always have as sample data the vicidial leads' fields , so these can be copy-pasted into the editor anywhere.

The input value for the fields will always be like -> <?php echo "the_vicidial_field_name , such as lead_id etc"?> , so the value will get auto pouplated with a simple import_request_vars fuctions.

The Admin then makes the form with the icons on the editor. On submit , we do a script that formats the output of the editor in the following manner: -

Wherever there is a field defined ,

On the webform the value of the input fields , in the editor, will always become defined like

<td style="color: rgb(0, 0, 153);">Co-Borrower
Name :<input value='<?php echo "$VARco_borrower_name" ?>' maxlength="45" size="45" name="co_borrower_name"></td>

The form will always be defined like this ( the main thing is the action )

<form target="_top" name="uploads" method="post" action="<?php echo($PHP_SELF) ?>">

Through the script that formats the editor's output, The mysql asterisk db gets an additonal table, with lead_id and all the fields made in the editor by the admin.

The submit buttons name can be standardised like ,View (if data available already),Add, Edit, Search , Delete , and the php code for each can be generated and placed in the beginning of the formatted webform with a if condition like

if ($_POST['Add']

---

Now we have a web based editor with nice features , and a way to build a simple webform ready for use with vicidial.

I think it will work ; i have to get down to work and try it of course.

Regards
devafree
devafree

Postby mflorell » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Let us know how it goes.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby dspaan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:59 am

ok i'm going to try the SVN/trunk install now.

Is there a screenshot of the new custom fields feature? Is it also possible to make mandatory fields or a script with multiple pages that routes to a certain page depending on the answer an agent has clicked (like a survey).

I have also been looking at the latest versions of ViciBox and GoAutoDial (VicidialNOW). Which one of these is best in which case? Can either of these be upgraded with the latest SVN version?
dspaan

Postby williamconley » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:55 am

dspaan wrote:ok i'm going to try the SVN/trunk install now.

I'm vary happy for you :)
dspaan wrote:Is there a screenshot of the new custom fields feature?
Yes, Matt has posted several links here on the forum.
dspaan wrote:Is it also possible to make mandatory fields or a script with multiple pages that routes to a certain page depending on the answer an agent has clicked (like a survey).
I do not believe vicidial has a "field validation" feature at present. Routing based on response would have to be handled in custom code, or perhaps by using limesurvey integration which has been discussed quite a bit on this forum.
dspaan wrote:I have also been looking at the latest versions of ViciBox and GoAutoDial (VicidialNOW). Which one of these is best in which case?
That's more of a personal choice, but the one with the most "activity" (kept most recent by Kumba!) is Vicibox Redux, presently at 3.0.9. The one with the pretty agent interface (but stuck in v2.2.1) is GoAutoDial. Please remember that GoAutoDial runs on CentOS which is specifically NOT supported by The Vicidial Group.
dspaan wrote:Can either of these be upgraded with the latest SVN version?
Yes, even Vicibox 1.0.0RC2 with Ubuntu OS can be upgraded to the latest SVN. But remember that upgrading GoAutoDial will kill the pretty user interface.
williamconley

Postby dspaan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Thanks William, i think we will go with ViciBox Redux then. Support is more important then a pretty user interface. :)
dspaan

Postby williamconley » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:29 pm

And IF you have problems with a special RAID or SCSI drive, read this:

http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/v ... hp?t=14672
williamconley

Previous

Return to Features