Asterisk 1.4 coming real soon!

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Asterisk 1.4 coming real soon!

Postby kchung » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:48 am

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3631546

The new features sound great! Sounds like it's got a lot of stuff we can use with VICIDIAL! The appliance and it's GUI sounds interesting. I just hope the GUI will be GPL'd too...
kchung

Postby mflorell » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:50 am

Yes, I am looking forward to 1.4 as well. It'll take a while after it's released before we will have integrated any of the new features like whisper-mode into VICIDIAL though since they are still working with the code and 1.4 will not be released until October.

As for the appliance, I don't think it would be able to run VICIDIAL. It seems like a bare-bones system that probably doesn't even have the capability to have MySQL on it. They were kind of light on the details.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kchung » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:07 pm

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't wanna run the full vicidial suite on it. But it may make it easy to just buy more asterisk boxes that are 'plug and play' for easy expansion.
kchung

Postby mflorell » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:18 pm

I have found a new and rather annoying change in Asterisk 1.4 and programmed for it on astguiclient SVN_2-X on the SVN server.

For some reason this month the core Asterisk developers did a lot of messing around with "show channels" to the point where "show channels concise" does not actually work in 1.4. You now have to enter "core show channels concise".

I believe that AST_update.pl is the only affected script and I have updated it and tested it against the Asterisk 1.4.0 release.

I have tested basic VICIDIAL functionality under Asterisk 1.4.0 and it all seems to work. If someone else has more time than me I'm sure we would all appreciate a more through testing on 1.4. If you are going to test, make sure you use SVN 2-X code, the 2.0.2 release will not work, and make sure your Asterisk version in the servers table is set to 1.4.0.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby palito » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:47 pm

Hi Matt. When do you expect there will be a VD release with support for v1.4, including the chanspy whispering feature?

Thank you!
palito

Postby mflorell » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:50 pm

the 2.0.3b1 release supports 1.4.0, while not a full release it is stable.

As for chanspy whisper, I have yet to find anyone who uses it in other projects where it does not crash Asterisk frequently. ChanSpy in the 1.4 tree itself is still quite buggy, and I do not want to add that kind of instability into VICIDIAL.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Op3r » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:35 am

chanspy is quite buggy since the beginning. When ever somebody use chanspy expect that the server will do something out of the ordinary.

with those, we cant really risk anything.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Return to Features