Remove blended campaign naming requirements

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Remove blended campaign naming requirements

Postby tbenson » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:58 pm

I am probably suggesting something I haven't spent enough time examining the code, but before that this seems reasonable ;). I was thinking that the requirement to name the campaign CLOSER, INBND, or BLEND (or _C _I or _B ).

I was thinking that the blend option could check and see if the campaign has inbound groups associated, and if so THEN setup blended, otherwise just login. Since the screens flash all the hidden pages during sign in it seems like this wouldn't add much if any time to a sign in. But then I haven't looked into the code yet either.
Trevor Benson
dCAP, LPIC-1, Network+, MCP
A1 Network Solutions - VoIP Business phone systems, Call Centers, Failover and Load Balanced network design.
tbenson

Postby mflorell » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:28 pm

There are a lot of places in the code that use the campaign_id name to figure out if the campaign can do inbound. The bin and agi scripts have it in many places, and I have considered just creating a field that would be something like "closer_type ENUM('Y','N')" in the vicidial_campaigns table to define a campaign as closer-type. As for using whether inbound_groups are included with the campaign to make it a closer-type campaign instead, that method would remove the option of disabling inbound call handling on a campaign which having a specific variable would allow. Either way, it would take a significant amount of programming and testing needed before either of these methods would be implemented.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby tbenson » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:18 pm

Your thought on a seperate option in the campaign is much cleaner. Was just a whim thought (probably increasing the allowed size of the campaign would end up doing the same for me, as its just name limitations by size requirements that make me stop and think what to name the new campaigns ;).

Thanks
Trevor Benson
dCAP, LPIC-1, Network+, MCP
A1 Network Solutions - VoIP Business phone systems, Call Centers, Failover and Load Balanced network design.
tbenson

Postby mflorell » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:13 am

You should be able to change the max size of campaign_id by doing an ALTER TABLE on every table that has campaign_id as a field, as well as changing the admin.php code to not check for a length >8 for error out when creating new campaigns.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Features