Inbound Reporting

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Inbound Reporting

Postby Cary » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi, I have a few questions on Inbound reporting.
I have been using Vicidial for a couple of years now doing outbound campaigns and I truly love it. Now though I have been asked to do an Inbound campaign and I am at a slight loss because the client is pressing for some reports for which I can not find suitable data.
Please help me out here as I need some direction.

The client wants to know:
the time the calls spend waiting to be answered
number of calls not answered
number of agents logged in at time of call
max and min amount of agent during a given period
reason for hangup (caller, agent, link failure)

I looked through the database in the vicidial_log and I found that in an earlier version there was a record that shown the transfer exten 8365 this record + the second record with the same caller_code seem to show the full story.

I have looked at a few of them and it seems for ex.
1181940643.1679900, 'Local/913207620292@default-3280,1', '', 'Local', '192.168.1.210', '8365', '', 'V0615155042000005610', '2007-06-15 15:50:53', 1181940653, '2007-06-15 15:51:04', 1181940664, 11, 0.18

1181940643.1680000, 'Local/913207620292@default-3280,2', '', 'Local', '192.168.1.210', '913207620292', '', 'V0615155042000005610', '2007-06-15 15:50:43', 1181940643, '2007-06-15 15:50:53', 1181940653, 10, 0.17

that from the records above the call waited 11 seconds for transfer to an agent then the agent hung up after another 10 seconds.
First off is that correct?
Secondly this record is very old, I have stopped seeing the record related to the transfer exten since an update mid last year. Now we are using Vicidial 2.0.4 and love it but I do not see how to figure the wait time between the system answering and the transfer to an agent.

The nearest thing I see it that when a call comes in it turns Green in the report page and counts the time till its transfered or the caller hangs up.
I believe logging that data with a field to indicate transfer or call hang up would provide the data that is required.

Is this something that would be easy to code?
In my mind logging the above with the agent count at that moment would solve my
client's issue.

Trouble is:
a) I am not sure if my interpretation of the data is correct
b) I am not Programmer
c) we are in a real hurry to finish this installation

Also I have seen a couple of programs that do exactly what I need, but they report on Asterisk Queues. Since Vicidial does not use Asterisk Queues I know they will not work but they show the type of reports that I really need:
asteriskguru tutorials/queue_stats_product_overview.html
queuemetrics screenshots.jsp

The graphs are great but right now if I can just supply the figures we can wrap things up and call the graphs an update later on.
Is this something you could include in future version or can you direct me to someone that can do it custom for us.

Thanks alot
Cary

Postby mflorell » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:45 pm

What astGUIclient version are you using?

These two pieces of data are easy to get from the system:
- the time the calls spend waiting to be answered
- number of calls not answered

These two pieces of data are not available and need to be explained further for me to comment on them:
- number of agents logged in at time of call
- max and min amount of agent during a given period

This information is currently not available, but could be programmed in at some point in time:
- reason for hangup (caller, agent, link failure)

These are the kind of feature additions that we usually do as consulting projects for our clients.
mflorell
Site Admin

Follow up

Postby Cary » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:11 pm

Thanks Matt.
I am using Vicidial 2.0.4 with Asterisk 1.2.24. The server I am using is multi-core and I understand that Asterisk 1.4.8 runs better on multi-core processors than 1.2. Thing is all the post I have seen on Vicidial seem to suggest that 1.4 is not the best version to use with Vicidial. Given that most of those post are fairly dated. Can you please inform me if that is still your official position. I have a Quad-core Dell and want to make the most efficient use of it.

Back to the questions in the first post.
My client wants to know how many agents were logged in at the time of each call and possibly the state of the agents at that time (paused, ready, speaking)

From that they can figure the max and min. count for each state at any given time. I know its a bit much but that's what they want to know.
So I have to ask .... :roll:

The reason for hangup is again part of their obsession with getting every last bit of information on every call.

Now for the data that we can get from the system as is
- the time the calls spend waiting to be answered
- number of calls not answered

how would I determine these?
What do we need to do to get you or your people involved to help us finish this project.
Thanks
Cary

Postby kissas » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:45 pm

nice stats, something like that be really nice in vicidial !!
kissas

Postby Cary » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:08 pm

You know Kissas what would be really great is something that looks like this:
queuemetrics. com/ screenshots.jsp
or this
asteriskguru. com/ tutorials/queue_stats_product_overview. html

This is a lot more work, I am sure, so I would just take a report showing the basic figures for now.
But this is something to work towards.
Cary

Postby mflorell » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:41 pm

Sounds like a good addition to make VICIDIAL look better. I will add it to the TODO list, but unless it is funded as a client project it will probably not get worked on for a while.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Cary » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:03 am

As for funding the reports two things:
1. We need them now
2. We don't have a lot of money

That said send us an estimate and we will see what can be done.
We will end up doing this in stages depending on the cost and amount of time you can dedicate.
I think a few modifications to gather and store the data and some numeric reports may be an affordable first step.

The graphical reports may have to follow depending on cost.
Please send us your best price (remember part 2 above) :D
crobinson@ jamaicanap .com or caryrobinson @gmail .com

Your site membership policy is causing me to have to brake up anything that reads like a URL
:(
Cary

Postby mflorell » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:39 am

Well, we wouldn't have them done now :)

Do you want a quote for pretty graphics or basic reports?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Cary » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:59 am

Ok I know you don't have the reports in hand, just pointing out the urgency of the situation.
Tell you what, if possible do both quotes.
Reason being I know I can justify the numeric reports easily, the client says they need that.
I believe they will want it graphically but I am not sure its going to an easy sell.
They have used up most of the budget and I am really not sure how much is left.
Thats why I am trying to break the project in two.
So we can have at least some functionality right now, the rest can follow.
(Now being of course as soon as you can code it)

If they can pay for it all at once then even better.

Just planing for the worst case.
Cary Robinson
Contact Center Technology Consultant
caryrobinson@gmail.com
Cary

Return to Features