Rule Base Dialing

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Rule Base Dialing

Postby Op3r » Thu May 29, 2008 7:16 am

Did anyone have this requirement before?

I think it will be perfect for VICIDIAL to have a rule based dialing.

But I dont have clue about rule base dialing. :(
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby mflorell » Thu May 29, 2008 7:24 am

That's just dialing based on business rules or criteria instead of randomly through a list. In a perfect world where you have unlimited leads this would be a great solution, but I have yet to meet the call center who has enough leads to go around where they can be selective enough with their lead base to do "rule-based dialing".

I have done rule-based dialing campaigns before and it basically involved pre-filtering the leads before they went into the dialer according to criteria defined by what was being sold.

For instance, a client was calling all people with high-school aged children within 50 miles of a set of specific zip codes where seminars were going to be held. This was already a very customized set of leads and we just ran the lists that we received through a perl script that found zip codes within the 50 mile radius and excluded the rest of the leads that we received. Doing dialing like this on the fly is very difficult and complex and I don't know any systems that would do that off-the-shelf. In the end of my example case(and every company I've worked with that has done this) they ran out of leads and called everyone including the excluded leads anyway :)

I would assume it is mentioned as a feature because a competing system lists it as a feature and has told your potential client that it is a "must have" even though they may not fully understand exactly what it is.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Features