WANTED: Answering Machine detection that works!!!

This is the forum used by people to post job openings or requests for quotes or consultations

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

WANTED: Answering Machine detection that works!!!

Postby topdiggy2 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Hello Guys:

Okay, so we recently deployed a installation of Vicidial & Goautodial. And we are running a broadcast campaign, but, when it runs, my agents are getting a lot of answering machine calls transfer to them as if they were real calls. Sometimes they are getting the call midway thru the VM message, sometimes after the answering machine has already beep.

My installer is trying to tell me that i need to purchase the Sangoma Lyra AMD license on each channel and that will fix it. At 30 channels i am not trying to spend that kinda cash...atleast right now.

Does anybody know how to tweak the answering machine detection inside VICIDIAL so that my agents don't get those calls? Is there another software solution other than Sangoma license suite that can do the same thing. I was told I need 30 channels total.

Can anybody get me a better deal than $60/channel on Sangoma?

Thanks
topdiggy2

Re: WANTED: Answering Machine detection that works!!!

Postby omarrodriguezt » Mon May 13, 2013 7:53 am

Hello,
My first recommendation is that you to contact vicidial sales department and get the sangoma solution.
There are another options:
2- Go to Vicidial->Administration -> Routing Extension -> and put 8369 (It has like 50% of accuracy with the AMD)

Routing Extension - This field allows for a custom outbound routing extension. This allows you to use different call handling methods depending upon how you want to route calls through your outbound campaign. Formerly called Campaign VDAD extension.
- 8364 - same as 8368
- 8365 - Will send the call only to an agent on the same server as the call is placed on
- 8366 - Used for press-1, broadcast and survey campaigns
- 8367 - Will try to first send the call to an agent on the local server, then it will look on other servers
- 8368 - DEFAULT - Will send the call to the next available agent no matter what server they are on
- 8369 - Used for Answering Machine Detection after that, same behavior as 8368
- 8373 - Used for Answering Machine Detection after that same behavior as 8366
- 8374 - Used for press-1, broadcast and survey campaigns with Cepstral Text-to-speech
- 8375 - Used for Answering Machine Detection then press-1, broadcast and survey campaigns with Cepstral Text-to-speech

3-There are a patch that auto detects disconnect and don't dialed back. It has like 70% of accuracy.
Read more here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18925&hilit=+disconnect
omarrodriguezt

Postby DomeDan » Mon May 13, 2013 8:39 am

omarrodriguezt wrote:3-There are a patch that auto detects disconnect and don't dialed back. It has like 70% of accuracy.
Read more here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18925&hilit=+disconnect

The accuracy depends on the carrier, because the patch only makes vicidial put more trust in the carrier
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby omarrodriguezt » Tue May 14, 2013 10:36 am

Yes, you right, I'm just giving him more options.
http://www.ITContinental.com
Dedicated USA Servers - Vicibox - Vicidial - Limesurvey - Vtiger CRM - More than 15 years experience - Hablamos Español
omarrodriguezt

Postby williamconley » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:20 am

If your campaign is "Broadcast", require a button press to get to an agent = no more Answering Machines.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby call0 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:05 pm

omarrodriguezt wrote:Hello,
My first recommendation is that you to contact vicidial sales department and get the sangoma solution.
There are another options:
2- Go to Vicidial->Administration -> Routing Extension -> and put 8369 (It has like 50% of accuracy with the AMD)

Routing Extension - This field allows for a custom outbound routing extension. This allows you to use different call handling methods depending upon how you want to route calls through your outbound campaign. Formerly called Campaign VDAD extension.
- 8364 - same as 8368
- 8365 - Will send the call only to an agent on the same server as the call is placed on
- 8366 - Used for press-1, broadcast and survey campaigns
- 8367 - Will try to first send the call to an agent on the local server, then it will look on other servers
- 8368 - DEFAULT - Will send the call to the next available agent no matter what server they are on
- 8369 - Used for Answering Machine Detection after that, same behavior as 8368
- 8373 - Used for Answering Machine Detection after that same behavior as 8366
- 8374 - Used for press-1, broadcast and survey campaigns with Cepstral Text-to-speech
- 8375 - Used for Answering Machine Detection then press-1, broadcast and survey campaigns with Cepstral Text-to-speech

3-There are a patch that auto detects disconnect and don't dialed back. It has like 70% of accuracy.
Read more here: http://vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/viewt ... disconnect

Good day everyone! I'm kinda having the same problem. We're receiving a lot of disconnected calls. The problem is that every time I use the "- 8369 - Used for Answering Machine Detection after that, same behavior as 8368" the agents stop receiving any calls instead of detecting the answering machine calls. Anyone can help me?

VERSION: 2.14-594a | BUILD: 170226-0850 | Asterisk 11.25.1-vici | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | intel(r) core(tm) i5 cpu 650 @ 3.20ghz
call0

Postby williamconley » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:29 pm

call0 wrote:The problem is that every time I use the "- 8369 - Used for Answering Machine Detection after that, same behavior as 8368" the agents stop receiving any calls instead of detecting the answering machine calls. Anyone can help me?

VERSION: 2.14-594a | BUILD: 170226-0850 | Asterisk 11.25.1-vici | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | intel(r) core(tm) i5 cpu 650 @ 3.20ghz

Just to be clear: Have you verified that at least some of your calls are not Answering Machines? lol

That being said: Single Call Tests. Call numbers YOU own and test AMD vs non-AMD. And post a success and a fail to see the difference (not 3000 lines of text, just start to finish of those two calls).
williamconley

Postby call0 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:09 pm

williamconley wrote:Just to be clear: Have you verified that at least some of your calls are not Answering Machines? lol

Sorry for the late response. I didn't receive a notification. :(

Maybe I didn't say the whole issue. :cry: Can I explain? Okay I'll explain. :D We can receive a few live calls with Answering Machine (estimate: 40% live calls, 60% AM) when I use the default routing ext., but when I try to change to built-in AMD-on(8369) that's when we stop receiving both live and AM calls(Some agent can receive call after 6 to 10 minutes).

I appreciate your response.
call0

Postby williamconley » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:02 pm

call0 wrote:
williamconley wrote:Just to be clear: Have you verified that at least some of your calls are not Answering Machines? lol

Sorry for the late response. I didn't receive a notification. :(

Maybe I didn't say the whole issue. :cry: Can I explain? Okay I'll explain. :D We can receive a few live calls with Answering Machine (estimate: 40% live calls, 60% AM) when I use the default routing ext., but when I try to change to built-in AMD-on(8369) that's when we stop receiving both live and AM calls(Some agent can receive call after 6 to 10 minutes).

Technical issue. Technical approach: Please run your "test" again. And after your agents wait for several minutes, check each of the numbers dialed and see if they are all answering machines. If any of them are Human, ask if they received a call earlier (to verify that they didn't have their machine on earlier).

Without some sort of test being run, you have not even suggested that AMD didn't work. It could very well have had answering machines for those 6-10 minutes. Prove it treated a human like a machine, and then you can check the logs for THAT call to find out what went wrong.

BUT FIRST: Test with numbers YOU own. Have it call your cell (1:1 dialing, just one call) and see if it thinks YOU are a machine or a human. Test.

Next: How did you install your system? AMD configuration varies and the settings have changed over the years. Consider a Fresh Vicibox 8 installation with Asterisk 11, having the most recent AMD module and configuration settings. That may test much better (even if only in a test server, just to check this feature). But I don't think I saw your installation method, which could contain modifications to the AMD system ... and I don't like to leave loopholes like that. 8-)
williamconley

Postby call0 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:09 pm

williamconley wrote:BUT FIRST: Test with numbers YOU own. Have it call your cell (1:1 dialing, just one call) and see if it thinks YOU are a machine or a human. Test.

Next: How did you install your system? AMD configuration varies and the settings have changed over the years. Consider a Fresh Vicibox 8 installation with Asterisk 11, having the most recent AMD module and configuration settings. That may test much better (even if only in a test server, just to check this feature). But I don't think I saw your installation method, which could contain modifications to the AMD system ... and I don't like to leave loopholes like that. 8-)

Hi there William! I've tried to call our own but I only received the recorded msg. So I guess it thinks of me as a machine.

THe installation process. I just follow the installation process given in the manual(Express Installation).

I really appreciate your reply. Thanks.
call0

Postby williamconley » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi there William! I've tried to call our own but I only received the recorded msg. So I guess it thinks of me as a machine.

Or it was a survey and not set to accept any input. Perhaps not related to AMD at all.
THe installation process. I just follow the installation process given in the manual(Express Installation).

There is no "just". The version of the installer is important. The name of the .iso image you burned the disk from usually includes the version. In many cases the splash screen when you log in to the command line also includes the version of the installer.

I do not recommend "express". Express often has bugs not present in the normal installer because not as many people use it and those who do often have no technical expertise and pay someone to build a new system if it doesn't work instead of coming here to get help ... thus the express installer is more prone to errors. Use the regular installer and start over if you want to see if there's any difference. Wipe the drive or fire up a new server. Note that Vicidial CAN be installed on anything above a pentium II. 2G RAM is good, too. But an old laptop is actually possible for testing purposes. As is a virtual server as long as you don't try to run it in production (one call at a time is usually quite reliable).

Nothing you have posted so far indicates that AMD is in fact not working correctly. Asterisk CLI output from a test call to your own cell phone where you answered the phone would be useful. Start to end of one full call. NO other traffic on the server (ie: not 3000 lines of unrelated output).
williamconley

Postby comsenabler » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 am

Dm me to learn about how we solve AMD with new innovation
comsenabler

Postby williamconley » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:07 pm

comsenabler wrote:Dm me to learn about how we solve AMD with new innovation

You make me nervous. comsenable.co.uk -> No website. Email is a generic "info@" account. LinkedIn account with no information. No posts on this site except requests to take the conversation to a place where it's no longer public. No public offerings I can find at all.

I have an idea: Somebody have a conversation with this guy and post back what he's offering and whether it seems on the Up and Up.

Cuz right now ... it doesn't give me a good feeling. At all. 8-)
williamconley

Return to Jobs - Requests for Consultation