Australian Setup

This is the forum used by people to post job openings or requests for quotes or consultations

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Australian Setup

Postby jkidd » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:51 am

Hi, I'm new to VICIdial. I have a lot of experience with Noble Systems dialers though.

I'm wondering if there is anyone in Brisbane, AUSTRALIA who would like to pickup some extra cash and show me how to setup a simple outbound system from scratch. I have all the hardware ready to go, I'd just like some experienced guidance if it's out there.. PM me if this sounds like you!
VERSION: 2.14-697a | BUILD: 190121-2019 Asterisk Version 13.21.1-vici | cluster 1 DB 4 web / diallers
jkidd

Re: Australian Setup

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:00 pm

1) There is no "simple outbound system", but there is a "stock Vicidial installation".

2) Your best bet is to get a nice virtual server (such as VMware or vSphere ...) so you can do it 5 or 6 times fast and easy (and start over without any guilt or delay) and then install from the .iso image at Vicibox.com (they have a PDF for the instllation ... you will switch to the FREE version of the Vicidial Manager's Manual from EFLO.net as soon as you're done with the install).

3) As soon as you are done with that PDF, switch to the Vicidial Manager's Manual and start at page one without skipping anything. Seriously, don't skip ANYTHING. Report your first "hey, what happened?" here on the forum along with the Manual version/page/line you are on and what happened (along with what you expected to happen, perhaps a cut/paste of the error ... you know, some details). We'll walk you through.

4) You CAN also install with GoAutoDial.org's .iso image. The same software is installed, but with commercial goauto logos in the way, in addition to some (often useful for beginner) wizards to fill out some of the forms for you. Be sure to note that it is STILL Vicidial being run, just has stuff blocking your view of it. A slightly older version, too. But a backup from the database there can be restored into a normal Vicidial server and will work just fine (after you know what you're doing ...).

5) We offer hourly training and have brought many IT pros up to speed for Vicidial, but it would be a waste to have someone hold your hand for three or four hours at a high service level when you likely only need a few pointers (based on your personal IT experience). When you hit a roadblock, bring the questions here, get it done free. :)

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Australian Setup

Postby jkidd » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:11 am

Thanks very much William, that's great advice!
VERSION: 2.14-697a | BUILD: 190121-2019 Asterisk Version 13.21.1-vici | cluster 1 DB 4 web / diallers
jkidd

Return to Jobs - Requests for Consultation