multiple server trunk question

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

multiple server trunk question

Postby hachidan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:34 am

Hi,

I am thinking of running VicidialNOW on multiple servers but I can't quite determine how the trunking is setup to work properly.

Do I setup different trunks for each servers and define different dialplans or do I just setup one trunk in one server as have the other servers use it?

The admin interface for the carriers seems to consider the server IP when defining a trunk so I am not sure if NAT will solve the trick?

How do I make it so that the campaigns will failover to a backup trunk if the main trunk is not responsive?

Please advise.

TIA.
hachidan

Postby williamconley » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:18 pm

each server gets its own trunks. do not "go through" other servers for trunking.

vicidial does not support failover. if you want to set up failover functionality, that's is an asterisk setup, which is not particularly difficult to do, but raises concerns as to added overhead, confusing vicidial, and causes the reliability of the system to be questioned. (if your trunks fail regularly, you need to resolve that, not just "failover" and hope for the best ... but if you want to do it, it can easily be done within asterisk, completely unrelated to vicidial itself).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: multiple server trunk question

Postby theorians » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:43 am

Hi: I hope all is well.

I'm using 2 GoAutoDial Servers. I was having no issues with below mentioned failover settings. Call was automatically going to carrier2 but now I have got a new carrier which offers me better rate but it doesn't support my current failover. Please guide:

Dialers:
VERSION: 2.4-309a
BUILD: 110430-1642
Asterisk 1.4.39.1-vici

FailOvers:
exten => _91XXXXXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _91XXXXXXXXXX,n,Dial(SIP/Car1/${EXTEN:1},,tTor)
exten => _91XXXXXXXXXX,n,Dial(SIP/Car2/${EXTEN:1},,tTor)
exten => _91XXXXXXXXXX,n,Dial(SIP/Car3/${EXTEN:1},,tTor)
exten => _91XXXXXXXXXX,5,Hangup

this dial plan doesn't work but if I remove Car1 entry it works perfect. Please guide. Thanks
theorians

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial