monitoring agents

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

monitoring agents

Postby solutinfo » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi everybody.
we're using vicidialnow 1.3 for outbound dialing with asterisk 1.2 With 2 servers (1 CORE 2 QUAND 4gig ram) for the vicidial and (1 CORE 2 QUAND 4gig ram 500gig Hdd
for Database.)with Eyebeam as a softphone with 10 seaters.
Connection to the Voip provider is an sip Trunk using the G729 codec ;
Below is our sip trung conf :
host=ourvoipprovider.
type=friend
context=from-trunk
username=our username
fromuser= our username
secret=our sercret
dtmfmode=rfc2833
qualify=600
disallow=all
allow=GSM
insecure=very
Will copy a post that i've found in the forum since i got the same issue.

Hi everybody, i would like to monitor my agents and speak to them while they are in call and whisper some advices. and i don't want the callee to hear me. every thing i can do know is barging into the conference and both agent and callee hear what i say. if someone has the solution i will be happy to know it.thanks in advance
solutinfo

Postby williamconley » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:29 am

Whisper is a function of asterisk 1.4 and not yet implemented in Vicidial at all (and certainly not on a version of vicidial being used in asterisk 1.2, which doesn't have the feature).

So: to successfully implement, you'll need to upgrade to a later version of asterisk (simplest method in my book is to just install a fresher version of vicidial with a fresh .iso of Goautodial or Vicibox). Then you'll have to understand and program a method for Whisper.

Matt says it's unstable, so exercise caution in your implementation (ie: test heavily and implement during "slow" times in case of a crash). We have used whisper (sparingly) successfully without any issues, but it was never on a heavy production box with Vicidial.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Updating vicidial

Postby solutinfo » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:50 am

Thank you a lot William will try to update my vicidial.
solutinfo

Re: monitoring agents

Postby omarrodriguezt » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:52 pm

We just added the whisper feature and share the code with the team here: http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALmantis/view.php?id=840
Notice, you will see a third option in the realtime to choose between: Listen, Barge or Whisper
http://www.ITContinental.com
Dedicated USA Servers - Vicibox - Vicidial - Limesurvey - Vtiger CRM - More than 15 years experience - Hablamos Español
omarrodriguezt

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial