Admin Password

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Admin Password

Postby thomas_and_friends » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Hi,

I am a newbie to GoAutoDial, i forgot the admin password, can someone give me a step by step on how to reset it?

Thanks.
thomas_and_friends

Postby williamconley » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:34 pm

mysql

use asterisk;

select user, pass from vicidial_users;

you may need to use mysql -p if your root mysql user has a password.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

vicidial password retrivel

Postby striker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:24 pm

hi

if you know the admin username then follow the below steps to get the admin password and then login to the vicidial admin gui and then reset it

1.Login to your mysql database. type the following
mysql -ucron -p1234 asterisk

2. once you entered the mysql cli type the following ie after the mysql>

select * from vicidial_users where user='admin';
NOTE: in the field of user='admin' enter your admin username

once entering the above command it will give you some quiries as below

+---------+-------+-------------+-----------+------------+------------+-------------+------------+--------------+--------------------+--------------+------------------+-----------------+----------------------+------------+-----------------+------------------+-------------------+----------------+--------------+----------------+-----------------------+-----------------------+------------------+---------------------+---------------------+------------------+--------------------+--------------------+----------------+-------------------------------+------------------------+-------------------+-------------------+--------------+------------------+--------------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+-------------------+---------------------+----------------+--------------+-----------------------------+-------------------------+------------+---------------+---------+-----------+-----------+-------------------+----------------------+----------------------+--------------------------+----------------------+---------------------+---------------------+
| 1 | admin | vicidialnow | Admin | 9 | ADMIN | NULL | NULL | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | NULL | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | DISABLED | NOT_ACTIVE | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | NOT_ACTIVE | 0 | 0 | 0 |
+---------+-------+-------------+-----------+------------+------------+-------------+------------+--------------+--------------------+--------------+------------------+-----------------+----------------------+------------+-----------------+------------------+-------------------+----------------+--------------+----------------+-----------------------+-----------------------+------------------+---------------------+---------------------+------------------+--------------------+--------------------+----------------+-------------------------------+------------------------+-------------------+-------------------+--------------+------------------+--------------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+-------------------+---------------------+----------------+--------------+-----------------------------+-------------------------+------------+---------------+---------+-----------+-----------+-------------------+----------------------+----------------------+--------------------------+----------------------+---------------------+---------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

it show your password next to your admin username as highlited in red
www.striker24x7.com www.youtube.com/c/striker24x7 Telegram/skype id : striker24x7
striker

Postby sofcall » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Goautodial CE 2.1
Vicidial version 2.4-309a
build:110430-1642
asterisk 1.4.39.1
Single server (15 agents)
no extra hardware.
no addons.
Hi all.

Changed my admin password (let's say from "pass77AZ"to"pass77AZ_)

Please notice adding the (_)underscore) to the new admin password.

And since then i could not connect to the admin gui using the new password.

I did what Striker said.
Quote:
1.Login to your mysql database. type the following
mysql -ucron -p1234 asterisk

2. once you entered the mysql cli type the following ie after the mysql>

select * from vicidial_users where user='admin';
NOTE: in the field of user='admin' enter your admin username

once entering the above command it will give you some quiries as below

| 1 | admin | vicidialnow | Admin | 9 | ADMIN | NULL | NULL | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | NULL | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | DISABLED | NOT_ACTIVE | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | NOT_ACTIVE | 0 | 0 | 0 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

it show your password next to your admin username as highlited in red

AND also tried what WILIAM said.

And it did show my new admin password with the underscore(pass77AZ_)
but i still can't connet using that new password.
Think the probleme is with that weired caractere"_" underscore
Any halp is appreciated
sofcall

Postby williamconley » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:44 pm

update vicidial_users set pass='NEWPASS' where user='USERNAME';
williamconley

Postby sofcall » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:26 pm

Goautodial CE 2.1
Vicidial version 2.4-309a
build:110430-1642
asterisk 1.4.39.1
Single server (15 agents)
no extra hardware.
no addons.
Well;As i was in a hurry; i did a restore to my server.and of course it was
solved.for those who are interested i have a cronjob doing a dailybackup at midnight using WEBMIN.and i did the restore using that good easy to use(for newbie) WEBMIN.
and that backup strategie is thanks to the advices made by Mr WILLIAM.

As i have a second server at home i also tried on it WILLIAM last method.
update vicidial_users set pass='NEWPASS' where user='USERNAME';

and it also worked as a charm.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
sofcall

Re: Admin Password

Postby kaushal_helpdesk » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi

That password changing command in mysql is really helpful.

One of my server is configured and running well but the issue is i am not able to create any login user in vicidialnow. whenever i tried to create it says that i don't have permission to view this page where as i am login as admin. I do have root login as well and server is working well only i need to increase users as my agents are increasing but i am helpless because it does not allow me to create any user on it. I really need help on this.
kaushal_helpdesk

Postby striker » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:48 am

option 1
Reset the root password and then login to mysql
if you have centos
link to reset : http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/reset-root-password-in-centos-5-5-a-838143/

option 2
login to mysql console from a remote machine and then reset the user password or permission

command to login to remote mysql --- mysql -h 192.168.1.2 -u cron –p1234 ; works if default vicidial username is used and not blocked .
www.striker24x7.com www.youtube.com/c/striker24x7 Telegram/skype id : striker24x7
striker

Postby kaushal_helpdesk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi striker,

I do have root password and i am able to login to root and mysql as well and with the help of your password reset command i reset password of admin user but still don't have command to modify admin user access to full control. So if you could help me with the command where i can give full permission to the admin user will be really helpful.
kaushal_helpdesk

Postby striker » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:01 am

if you are using goautodial , you can use the phpmyadmin to set the access

broser http://serverip/phpmyadmin

usernaem : root
password : vicidialnow

once you logged into phpymadmin
select the database "asterisk"
from that database select vicidial_user table and edit it
striker

Postby kaushal_helpdesk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm

striker wrote:if you are using goautodial , you can use the phpmyadmin to set the access

broser http://serverip/phpmyadmin

usernaem : root
password : vicidialnow

once you logged into phpymadmin
select the database "asterisk"
from that database select vicidial_user table and edit it

HI

Whenever i am trying to login in phpadmin i am getting following message.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at xxxxxx Port 80

Please help me.
Last edited by kaushal_helpdesk on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaushal_helpdesk

Postby striker » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:16 pm

login to the server via putty
and follow below steps

# vi /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf

and change the below settings

<Directory "/usr/share/phpmyadmin">
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1 192.168
</Directory>

to
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1 192.168 youripaddress
</Directory>

or (this settings leads to hack)
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from all
</Directory>
striker

Postby kaushal_helpdesk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Thanks sir

It works. Now i got a new task that is, I want to use 2 carriers for 2 different campaigns. for example c1 and c2 2 carrier and i want to use c1 for USA and c2 for canada. so who can i do that please guide me.
kaushal_helpdesk

Postby williamconley » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:06 am

different carriers for US and Canada require being able to tell the difference between them. this could be a bit tough as they are both NANPA and use the same pattern, but with different Area Codes. So you may need to create a _91333NXXXXXX dialplan entry for each area code in the US and Canada ... but since there are 900 possible area codes and they are "intermingled" this could be a tough call. Tedious, but possible. Unless you know of a "pattern" exclusive to one country or the other, of which I am unaware.
williamconley

Postby kaushal_helpdesk » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:45 pm

williamconley wrote:different carriers for US and Canada require being able to tell the difference between them. this could be a bit tough as they are both NANPA and use the same pattern, but with different Area Codes. So you may need to create a _91333NXXXXXX dialplan entry for each area code in the US and Canada ... but since there are 900 possible area codes and they are "intermingled" this could be a tough call. Tedious, but possible. Unless you know of a "pattern" exclusive to one country or the other, of which I am unaware.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Is there anything that we could do with prefix like xx i can put for US and yy i can put for canada.
I mean my scenario is i have to campaigns one USA and another Canada, now i have 2 calling minutes vendors so i want one vendor dedicate to USA and another to Canada. please guide me.
kaushal_helpdesk

Postby williamconley » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Absolutely. You don't even need to go that far, if YOU already have a way to differentiate between the two, you could modify the Dial Code field for Canadian numbers (or US, whichever).

Let's say you use "8" instead of "1" for Canadian numbers as the dialcode during import ...

Now you will have two different carriers, one US and one CA

Code: Select all
_91NXXNXXXXXX (US, normal)
_98NXXNXXXXXX (Canada)

Now your problem would be that the 8 would be sent to your carrier (don't want that!) so you change the dial line to fix it (remove the 8, add a 1):
exten=>_98NXXNXXXXXX,n,Dial(${XXXX}/1${EXTEN:2},,To)

The important part is 1${EXTEN:2}, the 1 is literal (being added) and the :2 removes the first two digits (98). So it starts as 98NXXNXXXXXX and ends as 1NXXNXXXXXX after the conversion.

Something like this:

exten=>_91NXXNXXXXXX,1,NoOp(USDialing)
exten=>_91NXXNXXXXXX,n,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten=>_91NXXNXXXXXX,n,Dial(${USCARRIER}/${EXTEN:1},,To)
exten=>_91NXXNXXXXXX,n,Hangup

exten=>_98NXXNXXXXXX,1,NoOp(CanadaDialing)
exten=>_98NXXNXXXXXX,n,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten=>_98NXXNXXXXXX,n,Dial(${CACARRIER}/1${EXTEN:2},,To)
exten=>_98NXXNXXXXXX,n,Hangup
The 8 vs 1 difference between the extension patterns is enough to differentiate ... but this only works if you can actually identify the CA numbers in some fashion to allow a different extension pattern for each so YOU can alter the extension before dialign. It's when the system has to pick out the differences for you, when both are NANPA and have the same patterns, that it becomes difficult. Of course, there are databases available for that, but it is a bit more work that way. 8-)
williamconley

Number Display in CLI

Postby kaushal_helpdesk » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi

I need to display my contact number in CLI display for our outbound calls. please guide me how to configure so that who ever receive calls from my outbound vicidial will have my number in their CLI.
when i am giving number in campaign details in CLI display my VOIP vendor is saying that they are receiving alpha numeric character and that is why they are not able to show the number. please help
kaushal_helpdesk

Postby DomeDan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:00 am

Do not hijack a random thread, make a new topic with your issue and all information about you system, read this viewtopic.php?f=4&t=443
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby kaushal_helpdesk » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:25 pm

hi

I am sorry for that, actually i am not able to see any option from where to create a new topic. I am really sorry. please help me with guidelines about how to create a new topic. so that i can follow the same. Thanks for the help
kaushal_helpdesk

Postby DomeDan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:40 pm

Oh my, Go to the forum page: http://vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/
* click on the "Support" board
* click on the "NEWTOPIC*" icon
* write a good subject and a message and press "Submit"
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby vish_fj » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:53 am

Hi
I installed the latest version goautodial CE 3.0 and i changed the admin password and did everything which was stated in the above post but still i cant login as a admin
vish_fj

Postby williamconley » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:36 pm

Perhaps you should try it again and change the password to something without any special characters.

Or perhaps you should try installing Vicibox (from Vicibox.com) instead of Goautodial.

But you are not giving us a lot to go on.

What did you change the password to? (obviously you'll need to change it again if you post it, but ... if it has special characters that could be obvious if you post it).

When you DID log in (to change the password), what was the url you used to log in? What was the URL you used to log in after? Same URL?

Somehow I get the impression that a screen shot of the page you are attempting to log in on will be ... enlightening.
williamconley

Postby Deepak209e » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:44 am

i changed the admin panel password from campaign or admin (i dont remember clearly) and now i am not able to log in into my admin panel
my server is goautodial 2.1
i have already tried the method which was explained here = mysql> select*from vicidial_users where user='admin';
when i hit enter it shows
: 1 :1 :1 :y
:not_active
+--------------------+---------------------------------+---------------------
+------------------------------------+-----------------------+-------------------+
-------------------+----------------+-----------------------------------
--------------+----------------+----------------------------+----------
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
mysql>

so please help me in setting up my password
and one more thing when i login through root password it shows username=admin password=goautodial
which i tried to change
so what should i do?
help me ASAP
Deepak209e

Postby striker » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:05 am

hi after typing select*from vicidial_users where user='admin';

did you check the output for the column user_level

it should be 8 or 9

if it shows other than 8 or 9 then run below command

UPDATE vicidial_users SET user_level=8 where user='admin';
striker

Postby Deepak209e » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:08 am

i have tried that one also first it doesnt show any columns or anything like 8 or9 when i ran your command (UPDATE vicidial_users SET user_level=8 where user='admin';)
it shows query ok , 0 rows affected(0.00 sec)
rows matched :1 changed :0 warnings:0

now tell me what should i do???
and pls help me i need to access admin panel in few hours
Deepak209e

Postby striker » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:35 am

UPDATE vicidial_users SET user_level=9 where user='admin';
striker

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial