Play recording with client on phone - taperolling

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Play recording with client on phone - taperolling

Postby knotbeerdan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:01 pm

I have tried searching through the forum and the manual though I have not found any obvious way to allow the agents to play a recording when they are on a call.

For a work around I have set up a moh entry and the agents can park a call for the client to listen to, the problem is that the agents need to pay attention to how long the call has been parked.

I think we all know how much we can rely on agents to actually pay attention :roll:
GoAutoDial 2.1CE - standard install | Asterisk: 1.4.27.1-1 | Vicidial: 2.4-309a | Build: 110430-1642| Telephony cards: none
knotbeerdan

Postby covarrubiasgg » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:12 pm

Try to setup an extension with a playback to the recording you want and let the agents consultative transfer to that extension, you wlll have a 3-way call between the calle, the agent and the recording...
covarrubiasgg

Postby randy_delgado_03 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:16 pm

How about making a extension that plays recording and dialing it with the client, have you tried that?
ViciBox v.7.0.3-160505
Asterisk 11.22.0-vici
Vicidial: VERSION: 2.12-563a BUILD: 160801-2119
Servers: Stand alone server (Database, Web, Telephony)
No Additional Softwares, No Third Party Softwares
randy_delgado_03

Postby knotbeerdan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:57 pm

That is exactly where I got stuck....

Where is this set up and are there any instructions or somewhere you can point me for more information?

Thanks for the reply... this has been a major headache
GoAutoDial 2.1CE - standard install | Asterisk: 1.4.27.1-1 | Vicidial: 2.4-309a | Build: 110430-1642| Telephony cards: none
knotbeerdan

Postby williamconley » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:15 pm

best method would be to create a third-party or conference call to a specific dialplan extension that ASKS for a code ... that code would then be the filename which would be "played" to the extension, which has been called from within the same conference.

in essence you'd be "calling" an IVR and walking through the process of choosing a file to play.

the major obstacle is choosing the file to play (out of thousands of files?)

if you are talking about a specific file or group of them, they could merely each be their own extension and just being playing upon being dialed.

IF that's the case ... try this: dial 8167 and make a recording, it'll give you a fairly long number (I think they are 7-10 digits). Conference a call with that number and see if it plays for the agent and the prospect. should work.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby knotbeerdan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:56 am

So if this a pre-recorded audio file can I just name it a string of digits and call that extension rather than recording a new recording?
knotbeerdan

Postby williamconley » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:58 pm

nope. the vicidial system actually creates an extension when you create that recording. so the audio file exists and an extension exists to "play" that audio file. you'll need to look in extensions.conf (or look up the "play" command for the asterisk dial plan language, but extensions.conf has lots of examples). Then you can use a carrier "dial plan entry" or just use the "custom dial plan entry" in system settings to add your new entry without manually editing extensions.conf (always reserve the right to upgrade without breaking your system! 8) )
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Play recording with client on phone - taperolling

Postby Charith » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:31 am

Hi, I know this thread is dated but I ended-up in this while googling for a solution. I'll post my solution bellow in case any others comes to this like I did.

I wanted to do the same thing as OP did, to play a voice recording to clients but in my case I wanted to choose between 3 languages. I wanted the agent to speak to the client and get to know their spoken language and play the appropriate language message to them. After end of the message agent should be able to speak to the client again to get their opinion.

I used the park call facility for this same as OP did. But I modified the system to host multiple on hold music files and modified the agent screen to facilitate selection for park calls. It works like a charm. Hope anybody else can get an idea from this.

My special thanks goes to 'williamconley' who had provided many solutions to many posters. I had learned a lot from you. I never had to post a question in this forum thanks to you, Thank you very much williamconley, you were a tremendous help.

Thank you all !
Charith

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial