GoautoDial on VMWare

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Postby bhtsmr » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:57 am

@gmcust3

Use following steps to install GoAutodial on VMware.

1. Instead of selecting ISO file click on I will install operating system later.
2. Make virtual Machine for Cent OS.
3. Click on Virtual Machine Setting and Click on CD/DVD
4. Select ISO file.
5. Start your machine and there you go.

if you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Sher Shah
bhtsmr

Re: GoautoDial on VMWare

Postby rheymzkilove » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:02 am

it works in vmware workstation 9.0 i also install vicibox in vmware
rheymzkilove

Postby rheymzkilove » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:06 am

im installng a vicidial in a vmware also and it works
rheymzkilove

Postby hajerjojo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:31 am

Hi,
I have successfully installed goautodial-ce-2.1-final.iso in a Vmware workstation 7. The Getting Started Guide says that the Terminal/SSH Login and Password are "root" and "vicidialnow" but that combination doesn't work. What is the SSH Login and Password for the default configuration for GoAutodial CE 2.1?

Also the server displays the following:

GoAutoDial CE 2.1
Kernel 2.6.18-238.9.1.e15.go on an i686

go Login:

Please explain this to me. What app is running and requiring login and how does one go about logging in?

Thanks
hajerjojo

Postby williamconley » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:43 am

The login is for the console of the server (command line interface). The apps that are running are all "services" and require no intervention on your part.

However: the "root" and "vicidialnow" should be proper to log in at this prompt unless you have the caps lock on (in which case you should probably turn caps lock off).

If goautodial continues to be a "challenge", you could try Vicibox.com's .iso installer instead. Both install Vicidial anyway.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby hajerjojo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:57 am

Thanks a lot for your response.
The problem was with my keyboard ( i am working with an azerty keybord) and for goautodial it is working with a qwerty keybord.
hajerjojo

Postby rajal » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:50 pm

i installed goautodial in vm ware how i can make it working my gateway in modem is 192.168.1.1 so do i need to put the same gateway in goautodial network setting
rajal

Postby williamconley » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:35 am

rajal wrote:i installed goautodial in vm ware how i can make it working my gateway in modem is 192.168.1.1 so do i need to put the same gateway in goautodial network setting

If you install with the .iso image from Goautodial.org, you follow the wiki from their site. If that's not clear enough for you (although from what I understand, it's pretty clear for most users), you can also instal Vicidial (the actual dialer software, goautodial is just the "installer" for it) by using the installer from Vicibox.com (which has a PDF instead of a wiki).

In either case, you use the "installer" to get the system installed ... and when you actually want to configure the Dialer (which is Vicidial), you would use the Vicidial Manager's Manual available at EFLO.net (free and paid versions available).

My advice is always the same:
1) Download the .iso image from Vicibox.com
2) Burn the CD
3) Install with the directions from the PDF at Vicibox.com
4) Work through the Vicidial Manager's Manual from page one to the end. DO NOT SKIP ANYTHING. Remember: It's free! Don't cheat yourself out of the most powerful dialer software on the planet because your ADHD won't allow you to go through a somewhat tedious process. LOL

If you bump into a problem, bring us the Page and Line from the Manager's Manual and what happened ... along with what you think should have happened. Also post whatever configuration options and output you believe to be relevant. :)

and just so i don't forget to say it later: I hope you only have 1 or 2 agents OR you are only testing on a virtual system. Vicidial does not run well "virtual". It uses far too many resources to be stable in such an environment. Great for testing, though. :) Very little load.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Previous

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial