Call Transfer on remote agents with on-hook enabled

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Call Transfer on remote agents with on-hook enabled

Postby lcape » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:14 am

Hi,

I would like to confirm my observation with regards to transfering calls by a remote agent on on-hook mode.

It seems that agent must wait for the destination to answer before disconnecting. Failing to do so results to the agent and the target destination to transfer the call being disconnected, leaving the caller hanging on the conference. Asterisk log shows a notice stating "SIP Transfer attempted with no appropriate bridged calls to transfer". This does not happen when remote agents are not on on-hook mode. Agents can successfully transfer calls as soon as ring stage is established and don't need to wait for the destination to answer before disconnecting.

Note that destination being transfered is located on a different asterisk/freeswitch box connected through a SIP and IAX2. I am just using vicidial to handle operator and support calls.

Can somebody validate if this is a limitation on the on-hook mode or there is just an option that i need to enable to accomplish the same call flow as the not on-hook agent.

Current setup:

goautodial CE 2.1
Vicidial VERSION: 2.4-309a
BUILD: 110430-1642
Single Server
Asterisk 1.4.39-vici
lcape

Re: Call Transfer on remote agents with on-hook enabled

Postby williamconley » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:20 pm

You could attempt Remote Agent, but I suspect that you have found a basic limitation of On-Hook, since the call is not transferred until the agent answers.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Call Transfer on remote agents with on-hook enabled

Postby lcape » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:13 am

Thanks william for the reply.

Call transfer initiated by a remote agent with on-hook in enabled to another local does not really work unless you wait for the destination to answer before leaving. Wish there is some way I can make this work, same as doing a blind transfer.
lcape

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial