Caller ID is not appearing on the Phone

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Caller ID is not appearing on the Phone

Postby bghayad » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:23 am

VERSION: 2.4-309a, BUILD: 110430-1642, GoAutoDial CE 2.1, 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5.goPAE (SMP), Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Single Machine

Now the Phone is On-Hook Agen = "Y" and the call come to the DID and then sent to the In-Group which will send the call to the agent.

At the Agent IP-Phone (which is Cisco 7942G), the caller number does not appear on the Phone LCD and it appears at the Agent Application Screen (goautodial agent screen) only after replying to the call. Also, what is appearing now at the Phone is the sentence: RINGAGENT001.

1) How can we let the caller id appears on the IP-Phone and to appear on the agent application before replying to the call?
2) Also, instead of replying to the IP-Phone, we need to have a button to press accept the call .. Where this button? Because, the agent should accept the call from the application and not from the IP-Phone.

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Re: Caller ID is not appearing on the Phone

Postby williamconley » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:13 pm

modify the ingroup settings. there is a setting for which callerid to use, including generic or customer phone. the on-hook agent phones require that the agent ANSWER the call at the phone. there is no method to accept or deny a call at the computer instead unless you are using a soft phone in the computer. even then it is still in the soft phone instead of the agent screen. concept: on-hook agents are not on a phone call until they answer the phone. since your computer cannot cause an IP phone to Answer, there can not be a button in the agent screen to answer the phone.

at present i do not see a method to accomplish "accept call in agent screen" other than a full rewrite of the on-hook agent configuration to intercept the call to the agent screen before sending the call to the agent phone ... and then set the IP phone to "auto-answer" after the agent accepts the call at the agent screen. doable, but expensive and in-depth. and of course, the agent-phone would require auto-answer unless you have the agent logged in normally and just add an "accept/reject" function to the agent screen. maybe this would be a "reject call" agent instead of an "on-hook" agent. LOL
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Thanks a lot William.

I need to see at the IP Phone LCD the caller id instead of the RINGAGENT000001 .. really I don't know from where this RINGAGENT is coming, I checked all the settings and did not find it.

Where is the ingroup settings that determine which callerid to use?
I checked the In-Group and did not find any caller id in the settings.

I have a think: in the onhook agent, what about making the Phone to be auto answer, it is better than keep answering the call. But, is it possible to have auto answer with onhook?

But also, I checked the Phone and did not find auto answer function.

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:25 pm

On-Hook CID
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Dear William;

The problem that On-Hook CID is not appearing, I know that I have to CUSTOMER_PHONE instead of Generic, but I am not able to see On-Hook CID !! WHY? Is there something that I have to do so I can see this field? The only thing that I see it is On-Hook Ring Time.

Thanks for the help and kindly reply ...

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:19 pm

Likely you need to upgrade.
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Hello William;

I downloaded goautodial from the goautodial.org website and it is the same version 2.4-309a and build 110430-1642. So, what I have to upgrade?
Do you mean that there is another place to get the latest version and build for goautodial and I have to upgrade from it?
Please note that my goautodial is 2.1 which is the latest announced one. Unless, there are multiple versions and builds for the same 2.1 version, is it?

Thanks for the help ..
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:54 pm

goautodial is not vicidial. it is an installer for Vicidial. It does not install the Latest Version.

Vicibox.com has an .iso image that will install any version of Vicidial (including the Latest Developer Trunk). That version will have all available features. :)

You can install either in a VMware or Virtualbox for free to test it.
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:13 am

Now I am facing a problem that we are not able to know who called us because no caller ID appears on the IP Phone. Generally speaking, how the agent can know who called him?

Now in the IP Phone, we see RINGAGENT............ and does not see the caller id of the caller, so from where I can get these numbers of the caller?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:53 pm

this would be controlled by the ingroup settings for oh-hook callerid.
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:12 am

It seems goautodial does not have it. So meanwhile I need to know how to see the caller I'd of those who called the agents from any place else (from reports or any admin screen), until I install vicibox instead of goautodial as it has old vicidial.
Plz I need a help for this point.
bghayad

Postby adam.greenhalgh1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:49 am

Bilal - Have you checked your PBX config? - Im not to savvy with it myself, but i know that vici uses the PBX and its connected on a very weird level.

So maybe check your config per extension on the PBX.
Then check admin->phones (in vicidial)..And check to see if you can alter it there.
Or you could log into the IP Phone and check the configuration on that, to see if its altered in someway to contradict the CallerID with something else.

If alll else fails you may need to upgrade :)
GoAutoDial CE 2.1
VERSION: 2.4-309a
BUILD: 110430-1642
Processors 2
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7600 @ 3.06GHz
adam.greenhalgh1

Postby bghayad » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:07 am

But when I get a normal call to the IP Phone (not through call center), the caller ID appears well on the IP Phone. It is only appearing as RINGATAGENT ..... when the call come from vicidial to the agent (as call center call and not PBX call).

In the database, if there is a place I can set this hard coded, then I am ready to do it .. but where?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby adam.greenhalgh1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:21 am

'Yeah your right on the money there i think, its coding...

Ive not really dealt much with inbound - so cant really cast much light. But if its anything like outbound then your in a conference with the dialer. So that being the case the ID of the call wont be there unless its set somewhere to append the ID that comes up.

Have you altered the Ingroup settings..Right at the bottom of the agentdirect settings theres an option

Extension Append CID: HELP
Uniqueid Status Display: HELP
Uniqueid Status Prefix: HELP

Id converse with Will though as like i said im not savvy with inbound. Just in case it messes with configs :(
GoAutoDial CE 2.1
Processors 2
adam.greenhalgh1

Postby bghayad » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:40 am

The problem of the caller id appears only with ON HOOK agents, but in other mode of agents, the caller id is appearing ..
I would to know from where it can be fixed in the database ..

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby adam.greenhalgh1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:47 am

Message William, Bilal as im a novice and can only help on a software basis no coding experience AT ALL im afraid. :(

Newb strikes again i suppose :)
GoAutoDial CE 2.1
Processors 2
adam.greenhalgh1

Postby williamconley » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:19 pm

if you are certain that the option for the on-hook callerid feature is not available in your Ingroup settings, upgrade to get it. otherwise it will be thousands of dollars of programming to do something that has already been done.

understand that the "prospect" is not generating a call to the agent. vicidial's meetme room is. which means that the callerid is not available without a script to "go get it". this is already done in later versions of Vicidial
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:07 am

OK, I have to upgrade.

I have goautodial version 2.1 and vicidial 2.4b0.5 and I need to upgrade, is it possible to upgrade the vicidial to 2.6 and keep having goautodial?
Also, is it possible to upgrade asterisk from 1.4 to 1.8 (as currently there is asterisk 1.8 that is working with vicidial). If this will happen, should I change the version of asterisk to be asterisk 1.8 in the goautodial server settings?

Or all of this is not possible and I have to go for new installation?

From the other side, if it is possible, in this case I have to upgrade astguiclient to be 2.6 (as astguiclient is representing the vicidial) and to upgrade from asterisk 1.4 to asterisk 1.8 and to upgrade the asterisk database?

Any link that can help me for such upgrade?
Regards
Bilal

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:17 pm

goautodial's pretty agent screen is not compatible with the latest SVN of Vicidial. however, aside from the "prettiness" of that screen there is no "goautodial" per se. Upgrading the goautodial-installed version of Vicidial to a later version will result in a later version of Vicidial running on the same server with the stock vicidial screens (and all the functions will work, and the hyperlinks will be visible, which I like).

asterisk 1.8 upgrading is covered in another post on the vicidial forums, but I do not know if this has been well-tested in CentOS as much as it has been in OpenSuSE.

it is possible to back up the database and move it to a fresh vicibox.com installed server and then upgrade the data to the latest revision. then you'd have the latest code in the Vicidial Group recommended (and PoundTeam recommended, if that is of any concern to you) image of the system. And when you want help with your 1.8 asterisk upgrade, there will likely be more available. :)
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:25 am

Thanks alot.
I would like to install on ubuntu (fresh and scratch installation) by installing OS, the requirements, asterisk, dahdi, vicidial, ... Etc. But I am afraid that I might stuck because of long process ... Is there a document that I can follow up it and will let me reach but not to be long detailed document (I would a document that is enough and not complex).
I am very good with asterisk and dahdi (i did alot of installion for asterisk and dahdi) and i am familiar with goautodial ..
So how it will be to have the newest vicidial version and asterisk 1.8 and latest dahdi to be installed on ubuntu? I am afraid that asterisk 1.8 might not be stable on ubuntu? Or if I did fresh installation and I installed the requirements .. Then it will be stable?
Can I know the link for thread of the asterisk 1.8?
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:26 pm

Let me get this straight: You want to scratch install completely, but you want a set of scratch install instructions that is not "long" you want the short version. LOL

I want a Maserati but I want it for $500. I'm not sure either one of us is going to be happy.

That being said, we are Alpha testing GnuDial ... which is Vicidial on Ubuntu. It is still asterisk 1.4, but upgrading to 1.8 should not be a huge issue after the install. However, that would only be a good idea if you have Need of asterisk 1.8. Most people who want asterisk 1.8 are interested because they believe they can find a secret way to get free phone calls (asterisk 1.8 module for skype or google voice or vonage or someone). Inevitably this fails, of course, or works for a Single Channel ... but it's always worth a shot and you're welcome to try. If that is not the case, however, the question would be: Why do you want 1.8?

If you are interested in Alpha testing GnuDial, we have requirements. :) Contact me directly at www.PoundTeam.com for inclusion.
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Inevitably this fails, of course, or works for a Single Channel ...

* Why?

I want a Maserati but I want it for $500. I'm not sure either one of us is going to be happy.

* What I was mean, some documents are talking about too much details which is not required and might not reach to a successful installation where a reasonable document that guide for a successful installation is available.

If that is not the case, however, the question would be: Why do you want 1.8?

* It is mainly for the following points and I am mentioning it ordered based on the highest priority and then the less priority:

1) To be able to send SMS from asterisk.
2) To be able to send via jaber channel to the social media like whatsapp and others.
3) Then what u mentioned is to get a free calls (asterisk 1.8 module for skype or google voice or vonage or someone).

If you are interested in Alpha testing GnuDial, we have requirements. :) Contact me directly at http://www.PoundTeam.com for inclusion.
[/quote]

* I need to use it production. By the way, do u mean that until now it is still not stable (not possible to use it in production) to use vicidial + asterisk 1.4 on ubuntu? Which leads automatically to not being able to use vicidial + asterisk 1.8 on ubuntu?

What about this document: http://download.vicidial.com/ubuntu/VIC ... 100331.pdf ? It is not possible to use it production? I was thinking that vicidial can be installed on any linux .. but it seems even if I did the installation, I am going to face a not stable environment.

Does it means, the only way is to do installation from vicibox and to select asterisk 1.8 which will lead that the OS will be openSuSi .. that is the only possible way to have stable environment .. otherwise I might face a failing? But why? In the end, they are all LINUX and if it worked, it should work fine .. For example, we can install asterisk on fedora, redhat, susi, centos, ubuntu and if it worked, then it will work stable .. same thing for other applications (like ERP or CRM ... etc), if they installed at the linux system without error, then they will work and does not need to be placed in production environment to be sure it is stable.

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 pm

It fails because free calls are only free because those offering it make money in some other fashion and strictly enforce "no dialers" as unfair use of their services. IE: Skype wants you looking at ads in their interface, etc. And since dialers are not allowed, the interfaces do not allow multiple channels as a rule. So while you and everyone else diligently look for "something for nothing", skype and google are diligently locking out user who violate their fair use policies.

The Ubuntu install instructions for a scratch install, available on the EFLO.net website which hosts the Vicidial Wiki ... is perfectly viable. But since Ubuntu changes Daily ... those instructions will always need to be manipulated in some fashion. Also, Ubuntu versions have come out many times since then and those instructions are not maintained since Vicidial's official OS is presently OpenSuSE.

Since Vicidial does not send SMS, you don't need a Vicidial server to send SMS directly. Same with all the other 1.8 points. Use an external server to handle those functions instead of your dialer. Then if you want to upgrade your Vicidial system (to take advantage of a new feature) or your HD dies, you can take care of that without screwing up your SMS/jabber/skype box. Vicidial's asterisk server can make contact with regular carriers directly and with Skype through your Other Asterisk server running 1.8. And you can run a trixbox or other system to pass those 1.8 features through and still have Stock Vicidial/Vicibox. :)

Ubuntu scratch install instructions ARE valid for a full production box. But since Ubuntu changes regularly ... you'll likely need to play with the install a bit. And that could well be wasted time when you consider that having two boxes could be completed in under an hour. Install Vicibox.com's .iso on one machine and Trixbox or Pure "FreePBX.org" on another (or even just plain vanilla Ubuntu or any other OS with Asterisk 1.8 alone ... and you have everything you need!). You'll end up with two machines independent of one another that can be upgraded/downgraded without affecting each other.
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Thu May 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Let us coming back to the Caller ID that is not appearing on the IP Phone while it is configured ON-HOOK = Y:

I was reading about the agi-VDAD_ALL_inbound.agi, is it possible that I have to modify my below configuration to pass the ANI or (the required parameters) so the caller ID will appear? I am saying this because the DID is handling my call and it sends it to the queue which will send to the available agent. Below is my configuration regarding the DID (so maybe I have to pass a parameter for the agi-VDAD_ALL_inbound.agi to be able to see the caller id "the telephone number of the called person"), hope if this can help to reach for a solution:

; DID forwarded calls
exten => _99909*.,1,Answer
exten => _99909*.,2,AGI(agi-VDAD_ALL_inbound.agi)
exten => _99909*.,3,Hangup

Now, regarding to the vicidital asterisk 1.8:

What I need from vicidial asterisk 1.8 is to be able to use the SMS and gtalk channel same as normal asterisk 1.8 (not to be through vicidial dialer or application). Is it possible or vicidial asterisk 1.8 differs than normal asterisk 1.8 in SMS and gtalk?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby bghayad » Wed May 08, 2013 8:56 am

If I upgraded the vicidial from 2.4 to 2.6 and kept the goautodial (in other words, still the admin screen is goautodial and not vicidial), I will be able to see the On-Hook CID? In this case, how the upgrade will resolve my problem? Or I have to fix the On-Hook CID from the database directly instead to be from the GUI?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby mehrowb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Can anyone help me set my caller ID as the dialed number for agents receiving calls on a press 1 campaign?

Thank you
Rob
mehrowb

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial