GoAutodial Clustered with Vicidial

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

GoAutodial Clustered with Vicidial

Postby jahbugz » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:38 am

Hello,

Hypothetical question here. Can you add GoAutodial servers into a vicidial cluster? Most customers prefer the look and feel of GoAutodial, but I am unable to successfully get them clustered. I was thinking about clustering Vicidial and using GoAutodial as webservers. Does this even make sense or is there another alternative?
jahbugz

Re: GoAutodial Clustered with Vicidial

Postby mflorell » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:25 am

Of course it''s possible, but it takes some effort. Goautodial uses older code. So you have to downgrade your vicibox servers to match the forked svn/trunk version that goautodial used to create their system. Usually it's just easier and more reliable to use only vicibox.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jahbugz » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately Vicidial didn't make it easy to change the look/feel of the agent. I guess I'll go back to the drawing board. Any tips?
jahbugz

Postby mflorell » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Our primary concerns have always been functionality and reliability. Making it look pretty and be easy to alter are not things we worry a lot about.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jahbugz » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:20 pm

And you guys are doing a marvelous job!!! :) I've bought both manuals to try to support.
jahbugz

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial