Goautodial for 50 agents

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Goautodial for 50 agents

Postby LC2003 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi

I need goautodial 3.3 for 50 agents , i will use a dedicated server 128 go ram and 6 core 2000 hard disc

I need to know :

1/ what i must doing to not have problemes and have a stability ?
2/ codec g729 or ulaw ?
3/ zoiper webphone is a good solution ?

Your answer is important for you

Thanks
LC2003

Re: Goautodial for 50 agents

Postby williamconley » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:10 pm

goautodial is an installation cd/iso for Vicidial.

the software is Vicidial.

Another installer is Vicibox.

The BEST method for a large installation is to use the Vicibox installation .iso because it can Cluster during the buildout.

Instead of one huge machine with all functions, limited eventually by the combined hit of needing to perform all services at the same time, it's best to segregate services across a cluster. One server will be the DB (it can also have Dialer and Web services), and when you outgrow the initial server, you would add a 2nd server with Dialer/Web capabilities. The Vicibox installer handles this during the installation process. It can add new servers to the existing server creating a cluster.

So really, instead of one huge machine, hoping to get lots of agents into it, you can get a beefy first machine (with a good pricepoint, don't go nuts), and eventually it will become the DB server for a cluster. All you do is stop using it for Dialer and Web as you add new servers to the cluster and use the new servers for those features instead. But you CAN always use any server for any function that's been installed. For instance, putting one agent back on the DB server so you can track a single call for troubleshooting purposes without the clutter of all those other calls.

This gives you resilience through redundancy of services available on all servers EXCEPT the DB service itself, which can reside on only one server. So when you build that first server, remember that it will eventually become the DB server for a cluster: Dual Power Supplies. RAID10 for the Database itself. Very good UPS.

After you have that in place, new servers for the cluster can be smaller, less expensive, and even replaceable. They should store NO data and all be identical, pretty much.

As for g729 vs ulaw, that depends entirely on your bandwidth. If you have plenty of bandwidth, skip g729, and you'll have better call quality and need less CPU power.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial