drop call status and no recording

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

drop call status and no recording

Postby wonderwall » Mon May 18, 2015 11:51 pm

Dear All,

I am facing an issue when the status of the call "drop", although the call is landed on an agent and he did talk to the customer. and since the status is drop the call has no recording.
We faced an issue where the customers lines were mixing up and they could talk to each others as well. the client has identified one such call and has asked for the recording of that particular call. but that particular call's status is drop.
Any suggestion how can i enable recording for drop calls as well.
Any suggestions for other problems are also welcome.
installation of Goautodial 3.0 from Yum on CentOS release 5.10.1 (Final)
Installation method.
go autodial wiki 64 bit

Quad Processor 10 Core Westmere EX 4850 - 2.00GHz - 4 x 24MB cache
512 GB DDR3 Registered 1066
4TB x3 SATA III in RAID 5
wonderwall

Re: drop call status and no recording

Postby williamconley » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:41 pm

You may want to:

1) Check the /var/log/astguiclient logs for this call to see what happened.

2) Check the /var/log/asterisk/messages log for this call as well, in case the asterisk CLI has any hints.

3) Always post your Vicidial version with build. Noting how you installed it is excellent, of course, but this is Vicidial and the Vicidial Version with Build is a Requirement to acquire free support on this form.

4) I hate to point fingers, but unless you can demonstrate this same problem in a ViciBOX (from Vcibox.com's .iso image) server, I'm really going to have to say it's probably an installation issue. Slight incompatibility with any one of a thousand tiny issues in CentOS/GoAutoDial. goautodial is Marvelous if you require CentOS, very stable ... but not perfect and not the latest Vicidial code, either. You could try upgrading to the latest Vicidial code, which will blow away your Goautodial web pages but get you the latest Vicidial stability. That could actually resolve your issue without a full reinstall. :)

Happy Hunting! 8-)

PS: We added a recording line in the 8368 extension setup in extensions.conf for a client who needed such a thing. I'd not recommend it long term, as I'm not sure what sort of detrimental effect there may be, but for troubleshooting it worked marvelously.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial