Upgrade Vicidial 2.12 on GoAutoDial CE 3.3

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Upgrade Vicidial 2.12 on GoAutoDial CE 3.3

Postby stefano.pucci » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:47 am

Hi all

is it possible to upgrade Vicidial from 2.9 to 2.12 on our GoAutoDial CE 3.3 server?
LEt me know pls
Stefano
stefano.pucci

Re: Upgrade Vicidial 2.12 on GoAutoDial CE 3.3

Postby mflorell » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:28 am

Yes it is possible, but you will need to use the standard vicidial interfaces after the upgrade. The GoAutoDial web interfaces will not work.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby stefano.pucci » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:00 am

Thanks MAtt,
could you please send me a step-by-step procedure for this upgrade?
I don't have this path /usr/src/astguiclient
Under /usr/src I have only those directories :

dahdi
goautodial
vicidial

Thanks
Stefano
stefano.pucci

Postby stefano.pucci » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:05 am

I've done this upgrade and it seems all ok.
Is it possible that Goautodial works in my environment even if I've just upgraded only vicidial?
I can access on Goautodial web interfaces(admin and agent).
stefano.pucci

Postby mflorell » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:58 pm

The Goautodial interfaces may look like they work, but you will probably experience errors in logging and other issues if you try to use code that is over a year old on a newly upgraded setup.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby urban » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:14 pm

can you post the procedure for this upgrade?
urban

Postby mattyou1985 » Fri May 13, 2016 1:46 pm

if thir be grammar fighters out thir then try not to read this you mind might explode

ive been able to do it sortove i now have the new vicidial realtime report to show a user that is loged in to goautodial but it wasent a full upgrade of vici is thir is a way to have both goautodial ce 3.3 for agents and the vicidial 2.12 for the admin i would love to no as i have been trying to do so my self and slowley getting thir by installing goautodial ce 3.3 and then using parts of this http://asterisk-vicidial.blogspot.co.uk/ to install what is needed for vicidial to run as well as http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALforum/viewtopic.php?t=16326 then with a move a round of the admin.php file and now ime stuk on getting it to the next lvl as in vicidial 2.12 for the admin is eney one out thir is able to do the above and post it even if its buggy i could work with it

VERSION: 2.9-441a
BUILD: 140612-1628
ASTERISK 1.8.23.0
intel dul core 64bit
4gig ram
200gb sata
2g lan
running on a sip carrier
10 agents
1 all in 1 server
mattyou1985

Postby williamconley » Fri May 13, 2016 1:55 pm

Why do you want to have that specific version of Vicidial for administration?

Vicidial is already installed with a matched version with goautodial. So why would you want an "unmatched" version instead? With the answer to that question, it may be possible for someone to assist with your true goal. Otherwise, if all you want is for it to say "2.12" instead of "2.9" in the version area, just change the text on that php page to "2.12" and you're done, LOL. 8-)

If you want a "full-on" upgrade of the Goautodial agent interface ...

Start with the Vicidial agent interface already installed in goautodial (with Vicidial 2.9). Then "diff" against the 2.12 version from the latest Vicidial agent interface. That will give you all the changes necessary for the agent interface to work from your old version to the new version. then you'll need to make all those changes in the GoAutodial version that matches the "2.9" and you'll end up with a version that matches 2.12 ... and then you can upgrade the DB so the full admin system works at the new version level. And post your results so that others can help you "keep it updated" over time as new versions come out.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mattyou1985 » Wed May 18, 2016 3:29 pm

If you want a "full-on" upgrade of the Goautodial agent interface ...

Start with the Vicidial agent interface already installed in goautodial (with Vicidial 2.9). Then "diff" against the 2.12 version from the latest Vicidial agent interface. That will give you all the changes necessary for the agent interface to work from your old version to the new version. then you'll need to make all those changes in the GoAutodial version that matches the "2.9" and you'll end up with a version that matches 2.12 ... and then you can upgrade the DB so the full admin system works at the new version level.

this is exactly what we are trying to accomplish then we can run updates both sids and have the nice features all round
question be is thir a set of commands or set of walkthrous that could help us get this
mattyou1985

Postby mattyou1985 » Wed May 18, 2016 3:32 pm

note i onley get the some of what you posted a more indetal explanation would be greatly appreciated
mattyou1985

Postby williamconley » Wed May 18, 2016 3:56 pm

Knowledge of how to use DIFF and intricate knowledge of the inner workings of the Vicidial Agent screen are required. Kind of outside the realm of how much time I have for this particular post ... this will be a very time-consuming task.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mattyou1985 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:59 am

ok so now i did a serch on diff now i can see what you meen and to be fair that is how i end did up getting this far but wair i am having problums is with the database version least i bleave my most resent meford of getting it to work was to do 2 installs 1 of goauto 1 of vicibox,

then coppy what files i bleave are needed for vici and move them to goauto install of vici witch worked but was not showing eney users or campaigns or eney other details that was all rdy in goautodial so then i moved the admin.php from the old version of vici to my new one then all info shows up but the reall time report would not show users logged in untill i changed the database version then it worked but the rest of vici went back to the old version it seemed that all my work only got the real time report to upgrade witch is fine as that is what i need more than enithink but sadley the agents wate time,wrap time,rdy time is stuk on 00:00 now ime at a loss and not shore on how to move forward if you have eney other idears.
best regards
mattyou1985

Postby mattyou1985 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:08 am

williamconley wrote:Knowledge of how to use DIFF and intricate knowledge of the inner workings of the Vicidial Agent screen are required. Kind of outside the realm of how much time I have for this particular post ... this will be a very time-consuming task.

its ok thir will be an ezy way to do it and ime guna try to do it by clustering it so then i can set it up right and do it in stages rather than chop and chance files to get it to work least then i can set all the passwords E.C.T to what i want rather than letting the goauto installer / vicibox installer do all the work and set thigs up how it wants ive got a good fealing that this methord would work best regards
mattyou1985

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial