Im sorry that's not a valid extension

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Im sorry that's not a valid extension

Postby Jeff1991 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:43 am

Hi,

I installed GoAutodial3.3 but I can't make an outbound calls. I test it using manual dialling but can't make it and receive a message "Im sorry that's not a valid extension...." everytime I dial.

Here is the screenshot of my log file

I have a funny feeling, that the number is wrong because it dials 9118773505288 it supposed to be 18773505288 . When I choose my carrier but when I choose Custom Dial Prefix I can able to dial but the call is terminated. Please help me, Im stuck in here :( .
Jeff1991

Re: Im sorry that's not a valid extension

Postby williamconley » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:16 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Installation process is this: Use the PDF (if installing from Vicibox.com's .iso) or the wiki (if using Goautodial.com's iso) to install the PBX and get to the initial login for Vicidial Administration. Next you will use the Vicidial Manager's Manual (available at EFLO.net, free version always available!) to configure the dialer. When using this manual, you will start at the beginning of that manual and NOT skip any pages. If you feel the need to skip a page, you should also feel the need to pay someone who does not feel that need to go back and start over while NOT skipping anypages. Eventually, the server will work OR you will hit a snag. Post the manual version, page, line at which you hit your snag along with whatever went wrong. Post the expected result, and the actual result, along with any setup you believe is pertinent to your problem. We'll quiz you on anything you left out. One step at a time it'll work.

4) If that sounded condescending, I'm sorry. I say it a lot. Oddly enough very few people have a problem when approaching it from that direction. Another point to ponder is that some install easier with Goautodial, and others install easier with Vicibox. Both are free (but Vicibox is recommended!). Oh: Vicibox can be clustered into a Multi-Server system, goatudial .. not so much. LOL

5) I also recommend installing on a Virtual machine (for TESTING only) at first so you can get the hang of it. Install 5 or 6 times. It's free! Eventually you'll get it together and it won't even be magic.
Happy Hunting!
8-)

Please do not double-post.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34743&p=118658
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34745&p=118661
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial