Goautodial 3.3: Phones recording, Users Settings, ... etc

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Goautodial 3.3: Phones recording, Users Settings, ... etc

Postby bghayad » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:18 pm

Hello;

A lot of differences between vicibox and goautodial and I am looking for someone to advise me for the following:
1) Where I can see the recording calls for the phone (when the call has not been placed from the dialer)? Actually I can see it in the vicidial from the Admin -> Phones -> Click here for phone call recordings. Where I can find this in goautodial?
2) The users settings that enable me to determine the campaign that the use is belonging for it and the Agent Interface Options, where I can find it in the goautodial?
3) How I can access the vicidial admin page when I have goautodial server?
4) How I can know the version of the vicidial? In the goautodial, I clicked on the System Settings and Saw the version is 2.9rc1, what is this? Is it the vicidial version? Because I checked the sql upgrade scripts and I found that maximum we have 2.8 and we do not have 2.9, so what this 2.9rc1?

Appreciate the kindly help.
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Re: Goautodial 3.3: Phones recording, Users Settings, ... et

Postby williamconley » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:38 pm

bghayad wrote:1) Where I can see the recording calls for the phone (when the call has not been placed from the dialer)? Actually I can see it in the vicidial from the Admin -> Phones -> Click here for phone call recordings. Where I can find this in goautodial?

If there is no link for it in GoAutoDial, then Gardo may not have found it necessary to include that screen when he created his goautodial interface. You could add a link to the goautodial screen to bounce the user to the vicidial version of that page.
bghayad wrote:2) The users settings that enable me to determine the campaign that the use is belonging for it and the Agent Interface Options, where I can find it in the goautodial?

I have no idea what this means. I think you may be asking how to assign a user to a campaign, in which case this is handled in "User Groups".
bghayad wrote:3) How I can access the vicidial admin page when I have goautodial server?

Usually that would be accessed through /vicidial/welcome.php or /vicidial/admin.php
bghayad wrote:4) How I can know the version of the vicidial? In the goautodial, I clicked on the System Settings and Saw the version is 2.9rc1, what is this? Is it the vicidial version? Because I checked the sql upgrade scripts and I found that maximum we have 2.8 and we do not have 2.9, so what this 2.9rc1?

2.9rc1 would be the Vicidial Version, not the Goautodial version. The goautodial version is 2 or 3 (possibly .0 or .1 added to the end of those). Vicidial, however, has versions from 2.0.4 to 2.12, with even numbers (2.2,2.4,2.6,2.8.2.10,2.12) being developer and some of the odd numbers (2.9 for instance) being releases. Remember that goautodial is the installer for Vicidial, so when you are looking at a screen with a version on it ... it's likely the Vicidial version. Especially if it has a "build number".

If you upgrade your system and re-install with Vicibox, you could get a whole lot more toys. Email integrated with calls. Chat ... and lots of other smaller improvements. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:55 pm

Thanks william a lot.
How to upgrade to 2.9rc1? I only found upgrade scripts for 2.8.
As I understood from you that vicibox contains Email integrated with calls, Chat ... which does not exist in goautodial?

One more thing: when I asked about the users settings: normally we can enable a lot of things related to Agent Interface Options (by select 1 or 0), like Agent Choose Ingroups and Agent Choose Blended and so on. I am not able to find these settings. Also I was able to determine the campaign that is related to inbound group that is related to the user, the campaign grade and so on, all of these settings I am not able to find it in the goautodial.

Again, I am fully thanks for you.
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:05 pm

You are missing the point.

Goautodial is not dialer software, it's an installer for Vicidial (which is dialer software). Goautodial also has modified many of the vicidial web pages to have a different look and feel ... but the underlying software is still Vicidial.

When using goautodial's modified web pages, you are limited to the version of Vicidial that they were designed for. If you change to the Vicidial web interface, that restriction is lifted and you can use any version of Vicidial you like, by upgrading to that version.

Vicibox is another installer for Vicidial. But Vicibox does NOT alter the Vicidial web pages at all. So it's just Vicidial without interference.

Vicidial's later versions have more functions than the version you are using now.

If you were to install Vicibox right now, for instance, you would get Vicidial 2.12 which has email and chat and lots of other stuff.

If you were to upgrade your existing installation to the latest version of Vicidial (without re-installing), you would get all these features.But the Goautodial interface (modified web pages) would no longer work since they do not match later versions of Vicidial code.

Or you could back up your database ... reinstall with Vicibox ... and the put your database back and upgrade it to match the fresh install. then you'd have everything you have now (except the goautodial modified scripts and add-on reports) PLUS all the new toys and all your data would still be there (users, leads, campaigns, call logs).
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:19 pm

Thank you a lot.
I fully understand this.
But in the goautodial, the maximum sql upgrade script that found was 2.8 and I did not find 2.9 rc1.
The question is (if I need to use goautodial interface and I have to be vicidial version 2.9rc1) then what is the file name that I can use to upgrade the vicidial from veriosn 2.8 to 2.9rc1 to be used for goautodial? I did not find for example upgrade_2.9.sql to upgrade for 2.9rc1 version. The maximum I found is upgrade_2.8.sql

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:41 pm

You can not use a version of Vicidial that does not match Goautodial and still use the goautodial interface.

It's like getting an engine that does not match your car. You would have to pay someone to "fit" the engine into the car. Often this will cost more than going back to get the proper engine, or getting a new chassis that matches the engine you want to use. But you can't put it in the car if it doesn't fit. The car won't move. LOL

Either use goautodial as it is, upgrade to a newer version of goautodial (if there is one) or upgrade to a later version of Vicidial and stop using the goautodial interface.

If you MUST have goautodial and you MUST have a later version of Vicidial, see if there is a later version of goautodial available to match your needs. If there is not, then you either have to stick to what you have or have custom code written.
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:48 pm

The following files that are located in the path /usr/src/vicidial/extras (in goautodial), for what are used?

upgrade_2.0.5.sql upgrade_2.4.sql upgrade_2.8.sql upgrade_2.2.0.sql upgrade_2.6.sql

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:56 pm

these are used to upgrade the DATA (nothing to do with the web interface). Sorry. 8-)
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:58 am

That is fine, so to upgrade the data for vicidial version 2.8 then I have to use upgrade_2.8.sql, right?
Well, to upgrade the data for vicidial version 2.9rc1, which script I have to use? I am not able to find a script for upgrade_2.9.sql. This is my question.

Thanks a lot and looking for help.
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial