Kamailio Vs. Asterisk

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Kamailio Vs. Asterisk

Postby Zaraab » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:24 am

What is the purpose of kamailio sip server in goautodial v4? what is it doing which asterisk cannot do and what benefits are being served by kamailio?

And also, is it possible to use goautodial 4 without kamailio and let asterisk handle all the functionalities ?
A VICIDIAL ENTHUSIAST
OS BASED LEARNING : CentOS - openSUSE
INSTALLATION METHODS : MOSTLY SCRATCH & STD INSTALLATION WITH .ISO
HELP - BELIEVE - INNOVATE
Zaraab

Re: Kamailio Vs. Asterisk

Postby dreedy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:04 am

if I remember kamailio is there as a sip server. That is were the phone side of the connection will come from. Then your user connects to the asterisk via external connection. The way it is setup you would not be able to remove the kamailio from the install as it is used in the API structure calls of the programing. Been serveral months since i used it so i might be a bit off. Neat use of the updates that the applied to the base install of vicidial. But from what i ran into it is not ready for multi server function yet.
1- mysql/apache Server (ViciBox 11) Dell R640
1- Dialer (Vicibox 11) Dell R620
1- Archive Server Drobo 810n

Asterisk 16.30.0-vici |VERSION: 2.14-900a | BUILD: 231115-1636 | svn 3787 |dbschema 1702
dreedy

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial