Vicidialnow Internet Connection problems after fresh install

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Vicidialnow Internet Connection problems after fresh install

Postby computergroove » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:46 pm

I am new to this so heres a list of what I have done so far. Me and my partner want to setup a call center. We found the astguiclient step by step instructions on the eflo homepage. I downloaded slackware 12 and installed it on a p3 800 I had laying around. I downloaded the dvd version of Slackware. After installing, I couldn't connect to the internet. I went into KDE and attempted to configure the net card with no luck (dhcp or static). I was able to connect and configure my router at this point so I was actually getting communication through the net card at this point. I looked to see if I had a firewall but I had no luck finding one. I then put in another net card and I got the same issue. I reinstalled from scratch with the same results again. I got another computer (Core 2 du0 1.66 P4) and I installed the same and still got the same results. I installed a different net card with the same results again. I cant ping from the console even before I go into KDE. I know the cable I am using is good because I have to use the same cable to connect via my other computer. I also have a wireless laptop that was working on the internet throughout all the install process. I figured it was a bad burn of the dvd.

I went to the forum here and I ran across vicidialnow install iso and I decided that I would give that one a try. I got it to install and I am still having the same problem. I am at a complete loss. What can I do to get communication on the net? It has got to be software. Help Please!!!
computergroove

Postby Op3r » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:50 pm

No its not the instruction and not the software its your configuration of the network card. You see you have to configure the lan card in order for it to be used.

I suggest you contact a consultant to have your vicidial properly installed.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby williamconley » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:55 pm

"I downloaded the dvd version of Slackware. After installing, I couldn't connect to the internet."

I would absolutely say that you need to be on a slackware forum where people who deal with the Kernel construction and network drivers will be able to help you.

Of course, you can also try Gentoo's Live CD and see if that will recognize your network card. Or another Distro, there are lots of them.

Basically, no matter what Linux OS you use, the kernel support for your network card will be necessary to run. Go to an OS forum and post the exact network card (and processor, just for fun) you have and ask what is necessary to get it online. Much better odds of help.

After that, try installing "from scratch" again and you should have much better luck, since you'll have Networking up and running.

Good luck.
williamconley

Postby gardo » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:05 pm

just configure your ip address in your linux box. with vicidialnow, login as root and run the following command: "netconfig" (w/o the quotes). input your network settings and you're almost good to go (assuming your network card is supported by linux). don't forget to run "update_server_ip" as root everytime you change your IP address.
http://goautodial.com
Empowering the next generation contact centers
gardo

Got it

Postby computergroove » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:09 pm

I found the info on a forum somewhere.

After the install in order to get the internet to work type:
route add default gw x.x.x.x where x.x.x.x is the gateway address

Internet worked immediately.
computergroove

Re: Got it

Postby s0lid » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:27 am

computergroove wrote:I found the info on a forum somewhere.

After the install in order to get the internet to work type:
route add default gw x.x.x.x where x.x.x.x is the gateway address

Internet worked immediately.

You'll probably be doing that evrytime you reboot your system or restart your network im not sure how to do it in slackware try to search it in google.
s0lid

Postby computergroove » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:38 am

No. I only had to do it once. It has been rebooted several times and it always reconnects for me.
computergroove

Postby computergroove » Fri May 30, 2008 10:10 pm

Update: I did have to retype that command every time I rebooted the server. I was able to make the change permanent by installing and configuring my network settings with webmin.
computergroove

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial