I love the concept.... but.....

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

I love the concept.... but.....

Postby djs » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:33 pm

Downloaded and installed vicidial 1.0. Installation seemed to go fine, after I ignored the pause. Linux boots up just fine, can log into the console.

Now what? I'm missing something. It appears that neither asterisk or astguiclient are installed. None of the normal directories are there, no files for either, etc.

While I like to think I simply missed a step in the installation instructions, I'm a bit perplexed since:
- There are no installation instructions (which is the way I like it)
- I thought the purpose was it should just 'install'.

What lamebrain thing did I do?

Dan
djs

Postby gardo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:06 am

Check the stickies first specially the known issues with VicidialNOW. Most probably you're not using an ide dvd/cd drive. Are you trying to install it via virtual machine (VirtualBox, VMware and etc.)?
http://goautodial.com
Empowering the next generation contact centers
gardo

Same Problem >>>

Postby 28300 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:53 am

Hi,

I faced the same problem. After installation ZAPTEL could not be loaded and asterisk was also missing. I attribute this to a older model motherbaord in your system. The workaround is manual installation ( i guess without zaptel it skips asterisk)

I can say so because, it installed smoothly within 15 minutes on my new server and everything worked prefectly, without doing any manual config. (SERVER SPECS : D-31 intel motherboard with 2gb ddrII and 420gb SATA)

Hope this helps.

Postby gardo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:20 pm

The workaround for this is to manually untar vicidial.tar.gz from the cd and run the install script.

#mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
#cd /root
#tar zxvf /mnt/cdrom/vicidial.tar.gz
#cd Vicidial
#sh install_vici.sh

Reboot your system after installation has been completed (Can take up to a few minutes).
http://goautodial.com
Empowering the next generation contact centers
gardo

Postby djs » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:45 pm

Thanks, I'll do the manual thing tomorrow. I was surprised it didn't just install, since Linux installed without a problem. I'll see how this goes.

Dan
djs

Postby djs » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:05 pm

gardo wrote:The workaround for this is to manually untar vicidial.tar.gz from the cd and run the install script.

#mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
#cd /root
#tar zxvf /mnt/cdrom/vicidial.tar.gz
#cd Vicidial
#sh install_vici.sh

Reboot your system after installation has been completed (Can take up to a few minutes).

Thanks, this seems to have solved my problem. I haven't gone back to look at the initial installation script, but the /mnt/cdrom directory was not created, I had to create this myself, then I could run the instructions mentioned above.

Dan
djs

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial