Setting up the phones in "Add Phone"

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Setting up the phones in "Add Phone"

Postby computergroove » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:43 pm

I received an email from my provider that provided the following information about my service with the numbers blocked off for obvious reasons. I have purchased both manuals and I looked and could not figure it out. I am looking in Add Phone under Administrator in ViciDialNow and I am at a loss as to what I should put into several of the fields. Here's my email:

Your SIP Account is as follows:

Username: XXXX
Password: XXXXXX
Registrar/Domain: adamstelecom.ath.cx
Auth Username:XXXX

*SIMOULTANIOUS CHANNEL LIMIT: 4 (FOUR) *

Temporary Voicemail Password: *Disabled at cutomers Request*.

You can receive inbound calls at : (XXX) 445 5007 EXT XXXX
** This is the default outbound Caller ID

TIP: We Can Change your Outbound Caller ID at your request. Please contact us at sales@adamstelecom.net and we will be happy to make a change for you!

For an echo test dial: *43

USA and Canada: 1 + Area Code and Number

"End Email"

My question is since the call plan uses the same number but allows 4 simultaneous calls, how shall I enter it into the system? I know the server IP, login, password, Status, Active Account and the Local GMT field. What else do I need to enter to make a predictive dialer? I need to know the top 4 options I guess and I should be alright. Thanks in advance.

I have 4 agent machines and 1 manager computer and the server. The managers station is only for listening in. It will never need to make calls.
computergroove

Postby mflorell » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:10 pm

are you wanting to use that account for outbound trunks with VICIDIAL?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby computergroove » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:14 pm

I am not familiar with the term "trunks". I want to let vicidial predictive dial with this line and when there is a customer on the line I want it to route it to one of my computers where an agent is waiting. Is that called trunking? If so then yes thats what I want to do. Can I do it with only one phone line with 4 simultaneous outgoing lines?
computergroove

Postby mflorell » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:09 am

That would need to be set up in your sip.conf file and extensions.conf to use that account as lines for dialing out.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby computergroove » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:25 am

Where can I find the sip.conf and extensions.conf? I couldn't find it in the managers manual.
computergroove

Postby computergroove » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:07 pm

Never mind -> /etc/asterisk/
computergroove

Postby chrome25 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:45 am

Hi i've already configured my trunk for outbound calls at sip.conf but have no idea on configuring the extension.conf can anyone provide some sample configs. tnx!
chrome25

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial