How can I transfer data from my server to a backup?

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

How can I transfer data from my server to a backup?

Postby computergroove » Fri May 02, 2008 9:24 pm

I have the Vicidialnow server on a LAN with Windows computers. How do I go about transferring the data I want to backup to one of my windows computers? I have tried several things with extremely frustrating disappointing results. I have tried vsftpd samba and KDE and Gnome. If I could get into gnome or kde I could install samba or just access the windows network and send the data. I have no luck accessing a windows machine with any of the above mentioned programs. Please help me install and configure comething that will allow me to save my data. I want to save my g729 codecs and reload the vicidialnow with the latest 1.0.1 rc1 because asterisk -r doesnt exist anymore. Please help
computergroove

Postby mflorell » Fri May 02, 2008 11:10 pm

try setting up guildftpd on your windows box(http://www.guildftpd.com/) and use the ADMIN_backup.pl script to backup your essential VICIDIAL files to it nightly.

You can also use command-line FTP to send files to it from your Linux box.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial