Problems installing in Dell 2650 with SCSI disk

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Problems installing in Dell 2650 with SCSI disk

Postby Alfio » Mon May 26, 2008 12:08 pm

Hi, i was trying to install vicidialnow 1.1 in a dell server 2650 with scsi disk and the installation got stuck in the middle, how can i install vicidialnow, :?: is there a way to install to scsi disk, like network install or something like this, we are planinng to have 15 seats.
Alfio

Postby pylinuxian » Mon May 26, 2008 1:03 pm

Since you didn't mention in which step the install stops ... I can only say : check you cd or burn another copy ... or download it again (better)
pylinuxian

Postby Alfio » Mon May 26, 2008 1:11 pm

pylinuxian wrote:Since you didn't mention in which step the install stops ... I can only say : check you cd or burn another copy ... or download it again (better)

The cd copy is ok, it stuck booting after vmlinux load, i want to know if there is an issue with scsi disk and scsi cdroms or if was just a bad luck.
Alfio

Postby pylinuxian » Mon May 26, 2008 1:23 pm

The cd copy is ok,

you can't say this unless you do at least one install with that CD.

it stuck booting after vmlinux load

most of the times this comes from a bad cd ...

maybe try press alt-F3 or alt-F4 maybe you can see what was going on when system got stuck.
pylinuxian

Postby Alfio » Mon May 26, 2008 1:30 pm

pylinuxian wrote:
The cd copy is ok,

you can't say this unless you do at least one install with that CD.

it stuck booting after vmlinux load

most of the times this comes from a bad cd ...

maybe try press alt-F3 or alt-F4 maybe you can see what was going on when system got stuck.

I allready install like in 6 differents machine with the same CD, thats not the point, please just answer me if there is a known issue with the server model, or with scsi cdrom or with scsi disk, or if i have to go from scratch install and forget about vicidialnow.
Alfio

Postby pylinuxian » Mon May 26, 2008 1:42 pm

what do you get when you do this ?
try press alt-F3 or alt-F4 maybe you can see what was going on when system got stuck.

because as you may guess your problem is related to some driver/module that when loaded system is dead ... you mlay need to use some kernel option : press F1 at first screen of install & it should show you how to do that.

as if this is related to your scsi drives ... a linux installer will not die if it doesn't recognize your discs, it will just tell you no space available.
pylinuxian

Postby gardo » Tue May 27, 2008 10:27 am

We haven't had any chance to test the VicidalNOW distro on SCSI disks. Most of our test hardware have SATA and IDE disks.

Try pressing Alt+F1 to F5 as what Pylinuxian recommended to see any error messages during installation.
http://goautodial.com
Empowering the next generation contact centers
gardo

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial