mysql migration

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

mysql migration

Postby chasejordan1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:27 pm

I want to put mysql on a seperate server to reduce load. Do I have to stop vicidial, asterisk, and mysql?
My thought is i would have to stop vicidial and asterisk, backup the mysql database, then stop mysql, restore the mysql database on new server, grant permission, then point astguiclient.conf to to new mysql server.
Am i on the right track? If so how do i stop vicidial, asterisk, and mysql, then how do i start vicidial, asterisk, (do i need to turn on mysql or not if so how to turn it back on. Would a reboot turn everything back on? Lastly do I need to change any other IP address in vicidial or "new mysql" Thanks in advance for any input. I have VicidialNow latest versions.
chasejordan1

Postby gardo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:09 am

You can check first the LOAD_BALANCING.txt document on Astguiclient. This will help you achieve the setup that you want.
http://goautodial.com
Empowering the next generation contact centers
gardo

mysql migration

Postby chasejordan1 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:47 am

I am sorry where can I find the load balancing txt
chasejordan1

Postby Trying » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:29 am

I am not sure if it is anywhere else but I always pull it from the SVN Server. Go to VICIDIAL WIKI and then SVN how to. Download the trunk and it will be under "docs" in the trunk.
Trying

mysql migration

Postby chasejordan1 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:41 am

I did find it and read it but it doesn't have anything to do with my questions. How do you stop vicidial so I can back up mysql database. Or is stoping vicidial not necessary?
chasejordan1

Postby gardo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:17 pm

You can stop and start the Mysql server with the following commands:

start: "service mysqld start"
stop: "service mysqld stop"
restart: "service mysqld restart"

VICIDIAL is a lot of programs/scripts that act together to create a predictive dialer suite. You can safely stop Asterisk and Mysql and migrate your Mysql data to another server.

You can stop Asterisk by logging-in to it's command line interface (CLI).

asterisk cli: "stop now"
http://goautodial.com
Empowering the next generation contact centers
gardo

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial