Time synchronization Error!!!!!!!!

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Time synchronization Error!!!!!!!!

Postby andrew_art9 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:08 pm

hello everyone,
I am trying to test vicidialnow on agent system & it says "there is a problem of time synchronization in your system. please contact administrator"

Any help will be appreciated

Vicidialnow 1.2 final (downloaded yesterday)

Thanks & regards
andrew_art9

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:00 am

I'm not actually familiar with that problem, but I think it may help me to understand if you can clarify:

test vicidialnow on agent system
VicidialNOW is a server ... (if you just put this in to mean "I'm testing it" ignore this question, it just threw me off a bit).

Where do you see this error?
there is a problem of time synchronization in your system. please contact administrator
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:07 am

For some background on this error, it is new for 2.0.5.

The code in the agent application that synchronizes the time with the server runs a check on the server_updater table and the web server to see if either the dialer, web server or database are more than a few seconds out of time sync from each other. If they are then the message appears.

It can also be an indicator that one script or several scripts are not running at all on the dialer.

We have had this in production for several months at many client sites and it usually preemptively causes us to fix time sync problems before they become critical, or in the case of server process not running, the message is received faster by IT now that this message shows up on the agent screen than before this message was displayed.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:13 am

Can it be safely ignored while acquiring the appropriate technician to get time service synchronized across all the desktops and the server?
williamconley

Postby andrew_art9 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:06 am

Hello,
Thanks for prompt reply
This error pops up frequently when i am logged in through agent id for testing.

Thanks & regards.
andrew_art9

Postby andrew_art9 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:14 am

mflorell wrote:For some background on this error, it is new for 2.0.5.

The code in the agent application that synchronizes the time with the server runs a check on the server_updater table and the web server to see if either the dialer, web server or database are more than a few seconds out of time sync from each other. If they are then the message appears.

It can also be an indicator that one script or several scripts are not running at all on the dialer.

We have had this in production for several months at many client sites and it usually preemptively causes us to fix time sync problems before they become critical, or in the case of server process not running, the message is received faster by IT now that this message shows up on the agent screen than before this message was displayed.

I am a new bee

How can i check if all scripts are running on my server? :)
do i have to reinstall vicidialnow or sync dialer, web server or database ?

best regards.
andrew_art9

Postby gardo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:46 am

Are you running a default install of VicidialNOW on a single server?
http://goautodial.com
Empowering the next generation contact centers
gardo

Postby mflorell » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:00 am

This warning cannot really be safely ignored. If it comes up there is at the very least a time sync problem that will cause logging issues, or at worst will mean that you will miss calls or your system won't run at all.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby andrew_art9 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:05 pm

gardo wrote:Are you running a default install of VicidialNOW on a single server?

Yes, didn't modify anything except ip address :)

Thanks & regards.
andrew_art9

Postby andrew_art9 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:09 pm

mflorell wrote:This warning cannot really be safely ignored. If it comes up there is at the very least a time sync problem that will cause logging issues, or at worst will mean that you will miss calls or your system won't run at all.

this warning pops after i am logged in through agent id for testing & i never got any calls after logging to agent ID.

need some resolution :(

thanks & regards.
andrew_art9

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:13 pm

After you changed the IP address, did you run the server ip address change script?
williamconley

Postby andrew_art9 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:40 am

After you changed the IP address, did you run the server ip address change script?

I have changed Ip Adress through ifcfg-eth0 & restarted network services as well as vicidialnow server. however i don't think i have run any scripts. Can you give me more details pls :)

Thanks & regards.
andrew_art9

"There is a time synchronization problem with your syst

Postby andrew_art9 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:56 am

It is also saying "Noone is in your session: 8600051" frequently, After i am logged in through Agent ID.

I have referred to vnow-getting-started-draft.pdf for setup & i am using Eyebeam, though i haven't made changes to sip.conf or extensions.conf. however i had added a carrier through web interface of vicidialnow admin tab.

registration string ; register => myuserid:password@207.182.133.26

[sipaman]
disallow=all
allow=g729
type=friend
username=myuserid
secret=password
host=207.182.133.26
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=trunkinbound

Global String: SIPTRUNK = SIP/sipaman

exten => _91999NXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _91999NXXXXXX,2,Dial(${SIPTRUNK}/${EXTEN:2},,tTor)
exten => _91999NXXXXXX,3,Hangup

I guess all this details are correct. i am using this same account to dial manually through eyebeam & it works fine. without any error.

do i have to add this details to extensions.conf & sip.conf through CLI in order to start dialing. as my dialer is not connecting to carriers server.
andrew_art9

Postby andrew_art9 » Tue May 05, 2009 5:39 am

There is a time synchronization problem with your system, please tell your system administrator

any help is appreciated :)

Thanks & regards.
andrew_art9

Postby andrew_art9 » Tue May 05, 2009 11:38 am

Hi thr,
I ran update_server_ip & time Sync Error has disappeared. atleast i haven't seen that error since then.

I hope this thread will help more people (new bee's specially like me )

thanks William, Mflorell & gardo for your prompt reply. you guys doing great job.

Best Regards :)
andrew_art9

Postby martyn » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:46 pm

Hi

In my case i ran the .pl but not enough :(. I change the time zone of web/agent (vicidial) and the message still. Then reboot apache and it's works :D

Regards.
martyn

Postby mflorell » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:13 am

Thanks for sharing your solution :)
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby andrew_art9 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:48 pm

Actually:!: :!: Thank YOU for inventing such a wonderfull space werein we get to interact with knowledgeable professionals.
Best regards,
Andrew

Be thankful when you don't know something, for it gives you the opportunity to learn. (Please don't Mind its just to motivate newbie's like me):)
andrew_art9

Postby williamconley » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:12 pm

also, for those who don't want to reboot (you know who you are) it's quite often enough to:
Code: Select all
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart
this command can change from box to box, but it's good for most. (such as vicibox)
williamconley

Postby ykhan » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:56 pm

I ran into tha same issue and I followed these steps:

1. Changed the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file to have pool.ntp.org as the ntp server sync on start up and uncommented the ntpd line.
2. Rebooted the system. It worked after that.
Yousaf Khan
For installation and Support.
VoIP to North America from $0.009/min
Phone: +1 (647) 891-5426
Email: ykhan@duologuecommunications.com
ykhan

Postby mflorell » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:14 pm

Thanks for posting your solution!
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby oshonubi » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi All,

I have followed most of the instructions, I have not been able to get any result. The situation still remains the same. Is there any other thing that can be done? It seems the challenge has multiple solutions. Please help
oshonubi

Postby williamconley » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:20 pm

oshonubi:

Since you have not posted your configuration, it will be a little tough to help you out.

The BEST solution is to start with Vicibox fresh install and start from page 1 of the manager's manual and don't skip anything until your system works or something tosses an error. at that point STOP.

if it works, save your configuration and begin to play. if it does not work, bring the error (and your configuration to that point) to this forum.
williamconley

Postby oshonubi » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:07 am

Thanks for the response. Really, I should have provided more information than this. I followed the information based on the manager's manual. However, I don't have an FXO card installed for now. I have followed the instruction on the manager's manual as well. In addition, I have also followed the instruction on the forum. However one thing I noticed in the agent interface is that when first I log the timing on the agent interface will be alright with the one on my system. However, in less than 2 secs, it increases by 6 hours which makes the sync problem pronounced.

I also noticed that my softphone is not connecting to the vicidial. Could that be a factor as well?

Please kindly let me know other information that may help in resolving this challenge
oshonubi

Postby williamconley » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:10 am

I would suggest you install vicibox. No "Card" needed and it works right out of the box. (OK, immediately after installation is complete.)

Resolves a lot of "missed or misunderstood" issues during installation. As long as the box has internet during install it seems to "just work".
williamconley

Time synchronization Error

Postby Purkuutoop » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:37 am

how to fix run-time error 339???

Its says Run-time error 339:

Component MSINET.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invaild

at the first time that i run conquer after setup agine
and when i try to login to my account the client crash
Purkuutoop

Re: Time synchronization Error

Postby williamconley » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:47 am

Purkuutoop wrote:how to fix run-time error 339???
Its says Run-time error 339:
Component MSINET.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invaild
at the first time that i run conquer after setup agine
and when i try to login to my account the client crash
Please tell us where you read this error (web browser? CLI? Moon Spots?)

Also, Does this in some way relate to this thread (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that, but I am somewhat skeptical).

Lastly, please read the Stickies in this forum (those are the posts that are at the top, even though their dates are old, and they say "sticky".). They are REQUIRED reading. In addition to that, the Manual is required reading, a FREE version is available on EFLO.net and there's an installation instruction set for VicidialNOW as well (kinda helpful if installing VicidialNOW, from what I understand).

When you come back (likely with a fresh post about your topic), please tell us about your installation (hardware, software, versions, any extra software installed ...) and we'll be happy to help you.
williamconley

help me . Time Sync problem

Postby abacus1 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:59 pm

I have tried all option but no luck.
Can someone pls help me on this.

This error is unacceptable.
Is it bug in vicidialnow ?
abacus1

Re: help me . Time Sync problem

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:03 pm

abacus1 wrote:I have tried all option but no luck.
Can someone pls help me on this.

This error is unacceptable.
Is it bug in vicidialnow ?

Please read the stickies and the MANUAL (available on EFLO.net) before posting. In there you will find that you need to post your hardware and software with versions and any Other Software you may have installed in your system.

Put this information in your signature and you will save yourself a lot of 'waiting' time while noone can really help you because they don't have this information.

Also, you may find that you answer your own question or find out where your answer may be (so you don't have to wait for an answer ...).

Then come back! We're happy to help.

In addition to that, I think it would be extremely helpful if you were to post the error you are experiencing ... (I have found this to be most helpful when troubleshooting an error).
williamconley

Postby oshonubi » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:35 am

For time synchronisation error, the major thing I have noticed is the softphone not coming up. Once your softphone does not come up at the time of logging in before you choose the ingroup, that problem will occur.

To this extent, I advice you make sure your softphone is properly configure to work with your asterisk engine behind vicidial. Configuring softphone for the first time could be tricky so be careful. I will advice you read the softphone manual to know what to expect once your softphone is in sync with asterisk. If your softphone does not come up, one of these two could be the problem, either not properly configured or asterisk is not running. To solve the asterisk not running problem, you can stop and start asterisk. Then get to the asterisk interface an see what you have.

Please note we had similar problems and it took us almost two months, but since then whenever the problem occurs the antidotes are what I have listed.
Vicidial Scratch Install
Rocky Linux 9.2
PHP 8.0
Asterisk 16.17.0-vici
Dahdi 3.2
oshonubi

time synchronization error

Postby iftikharnaseer » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:57 am

Hello Everyone!
I have used vicidial for couple of months. And faced this error most of time.
I think this is "Hardware Issue". Beacuse i have installed on other machine with same configuration i did not receive this error on that machine. So check your hardware kindly.

If anyone have another solution plz tell me waiting your reply
iftikharnaseer

Postby ykhan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:38 pm

This issue has surfaced on a new load balanced install.

VicidialNOW 1.2 CE
Vicidial Agent version: VERSION: 2.0.5-203 BUILD: 90323-1554
Vicidial Admin version: VERSION: 2.0.5-173 BUILD: 90320-0424

Steps so far:

1. I installed the two servers (Server1 & Server2)
2. Changed the IPs and ran the update_server_ip script on both servers.
3. Modified the astguiclient.conf file on Server2 to point to the DB on Server1.
a. Because Server2 could not connect to Server1 database, i ran the following commands on Server1:
 iptables -F
   iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
   iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
   iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT

4. Updated rc.local with ntp.pool.org and uncommented the ntpd line on both servers and rebooted.
5. Assigned half the phones to Server1 and half to Server2.
6. Inserted all conferences with Server2 IP, so now I have Vicidial conferences from 8600051-8600299 for Server1 and same for Server2.
7. Changed th timezone to GMT for both servers and ran ntpdate again. Both servers seem to have the same time now. (ran date to check)
8. Created campaign and loaded leads and then logged in through Server2 IP to the campaign.
9. I got the login call, but every few seconds I still get the "Time synchronization" error.
10. I checked zttest (currently using ztdummy) thinking this may be causing issues with following output:

99.951172% 99.963379% 99.963379% 99.951172% 99.963379% 99.951172%
--- Results after 6 passes ---
Best: 99.963379 -- Worst: 99.951172 -- Average: 99.957275

Your help is appreciated.
Yousaf Khan
ykhan

Postby ykhan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:30 am

Ok, issue resolved. Server1 did not have NAT enabled. As soon as I enabled it, everything started working. No wto test if the load balancing part is working.
Yousaf Khan
ykhan

Thanks

Postby Epod » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:40 am

thanks for all the replys you helped me out :O)
Epod

Postby inthegenes » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:20 pm

I have a constant time synchronization error on my Asterisk servers, VicidialNow, 1.4 and 1.2. I have a Slackware server as my DB with ntpdate running. My problem is that the script refuses to work as it should I have to manually update the servers periodically to avoid time synchro errors. It's quite tedious especially when it happens when I'm out of office. A quick ntpdate [i]server_ip[/i] solves the problem however.
inthegenes

Postby sraza » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:56 pm

i tried everything but nothing works, whenever i logged in no call comes saying u r the only person in the conference, at last i found that there is stupid permission peroblem in the system, and chmod 777 doesnt work the permission to /var/run must be 775. so i run chmod 775 /var/run/ and stop & start asterisk, everything works great now.
sraza

synchronization problem solution

Postby gerald_lyc » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:58 am

Is there a real solution to this problem:

There is a time synchronization problem with your system, please tell your system administrator

I am using vicidialnow iso installation. i have just upgrade to vicidial 2.4 and i am experiencing this problem.
gerald_lyc

Postby williamconley » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:18 am

there are several possible solutions. they all start with:

when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and OS with kernel or version, vicidial version and build, asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box.

Similar to This:
Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X Build XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

________

many require synchronization between servers or servers and clients, others require better network without interference between the server and client. but let's start with the above information.
williamconley

Postby gerald_lyc » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:28 am

Currently am using:

VicidialNow (ce 1.3) single server configuration
Kernel ver : 2.6.18-164.e15.vnow
Linux Ver : CentOS release 5.4 (Final) Linux vici.vicidialnow.org i686 i386
vicidial ver : Upgraded from 2.2.0-234 to 2.4-278
VicidialNOW CE 1.3
Asterisk 1.2.30.2 built by root @ vnowinc on a i686 running
Sangoma Voice TIme sync UT50 installed.
Softphone (eyebeam)

note: the vicidial was working smoothly before doing the upgrade using SVN and following the UPGRADE instructions.
gerald_lyc

Postby gerald_lyc » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:06 am

My bois time and my server time is synchronize but i can see that when i log on the vicidial administration interface or the agent interface, the time displaying there is different. How can i synchronize this time with my server time?? anyone please
gerald_lyc

Next

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial