Vicidial express install

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Vicidial express install

Postby Muhammad » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:20 am

Hello everyone

I have a question about ViciBox express install. At the moment i am installing ViciBox version 6.0.4 from the archive and i can't install the latest version because of incompatibility with the type of work i do.

My question is, when i reach the "express install" part, does this command fetch the latest packages from the server? or does it fetch the old packages that were once created for the version 6.0.4 specifically?

And in case of getting the latest packages, is there any workaround to get the old packages? maybe like doing a manual installation instead of typing "express" ?

Thank you.
Muhammad

Re: Vicidial express install

Postby williamconley » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:26 am

If you want to specify the installed version of asterisk (for instance, in case you want to restore to a saved DB from a prior install), you should be using the Standard NOT Express installer.

After the os-install, you can set the SVN revision level in /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk to the proper revision and that's what installs.

Alternately, in any version of Vicidial, you can always set that after the fact (or check out a new version) and then restore the DB and reinstall from the downgraded trunk folder and *poof* your DB and Vicidial versions match.

Probably would be wise to share Why you want a specific version of Vicidial, though. Just sayin' ...
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Muhammad » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:08 am

@williamconley Thank you for the answer, today i will try it.

The reason for installing old version of vicidial is that because we have old machines that have the version 6.0.4, and php files adapted to the old database, and for that we don't want each machine to get a different version.
Muhammad

Postby williamconley » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:13 am

Muhammad wrote:@williamconley Thank you for the answer, today i will try it.

The reason for installing old version of vicidial is that because we have old machines that have the version 6.0.4, and php files adapted to the old database, and for that we don't want each machine to get a different version.

You are operating under the impression that 6.0.4 is the "version" you are running.

That is ONLY the version of the Installer (ViciBOX). The version of Vicidial is NOT the same. Vicibox will usually install the Latest version of ViciDIAL available at the moment of installation.

Be sure you don't get the two confused!

If you are curious about the version of Vicidial, it's in the bottom left corner of most admin pages.

To match the version, you would use "svn info" in the previously mentioned folder. That's what you'll want to match.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo