Leads not loading - new Vicibox redux 3.1.12 installation

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Leads not loading - new Vicibox redux 3.1.12 installation

Postby elviskom » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:06 pm

i just installed Vicibox redux x86_64 Version 3.1.12 (all in one server)

for the moment i have two problems

the first is that the leads cant be loaded on to the hopper

i checked the list and it is set to Y as active

the campaign is also set to Y as active and all the the configurations
have been copied the same as another server which is working

since this is a new install i figured that this might be a bug that someone must of had also seen .....

and the second is that i keep seeing this

NOTICE[2694]: chan_sip.c:8208 sip_reg_timeout: -- Registration for 'XXXXXXXXXX@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' timed out, trying again (Attempt #63)

on the asterisk logs

i did some searches on google and i found that some people had resolved
this with this - > qualify=no and srvlookup=no

so i tried adding them to my carrier conf

but still no result....

i checked with my voip provider and everything is fine on their side

any ideas ?
elviskom

Postby williamconley » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:50 pm

carrier timeouts always turn out to be firewall/router related.

leads in hopper can be from several settings: time settings (is the campaign set to dial only between 5PM to 9PM?); no new leads, but only NEW allowed to be dialed, or all NEW leads, but NEW isn't a dialable status; filter settings (turn off!); wrong IP in the system somewhere (did you change the IP after the buildout?)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby elviskom » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:57 pm

williamconley wrote:carrier timeouts always turn out to be firewall/router related.

leads in hopper can be from several settings: time settings (is the campaign set to dial only between 5PM to 9PM?); no new leads, but only NEW allowed to be dialed, or all NEW leads, but NEW isn't a dialable status; filter settings (turn off!); wrong IP in the system somewhere (did you change the IP after the buildout?)

i have chaned the ip of my isp config in the yast lan configuration on the server
but the servers ip 192.168.1.15 has remained the same

the time settings were set correctly
elviskom

leads are loading into the hopper

Postby elviskom » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:04 pm

i just deleted the dial statuses and added them again ....and when i logged in as an agent in worked.....

but it isnt making any calls
on the real time main report it says 2 calls being placed
but asterisk logs keep showing me the
NOTICE[2694]: chan_sip.c:8208 sip_reg_timeout: -- Registration for 'XXXXXXXXXX@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' timed out, trying again
elviskom

Postby elviskom » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:09 pm

i also see this

NOTICE[8281]: chan_local.c:599 local_call: No such extension/context 3xxxxxxxxxx@default while calling Local channel
elviskom

Postby williamconley » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:21 pm

sorry, i neglected this the first time:

when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600
____

I presume you are working in the Vicidial Manager's Manual towards getting your server up and running (without skipping anything, because each thing you skip will cost a few hours, LOL). So ... where are you in the manual? :-)
williamconley

Postby elviskom » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:15 pm

sorry about the info i didnt mention

Vicibox redux x86_64 3.1.12 .iso | Vicibox Server 3.1 | Asterisk 1.4.39.2 | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel Xeon | HP WORKSTATION DUAL CORE INTEL XEON 5150 |
4GB Ram |250 Gb SAS hard drive

since i started today for the first time with vicidial .... i downloaded dhe CD of the vicibox server 64 bit standard
did the installation by the manual
and bought the managers manual online ......till now im at page 64 (and reading)

i have a two day limit for all this .....dont know how im going to do it but still doing my best so far
elviskom

Postby williamconley » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:37 pm

as a rule, a time limit to get your first vicidial server online is a recipe for disaster. generally better to pay someone to get one online and then you can breathe, take your time (back up the operating server!) and play with it for several years.

the steps in the manual for building the server and getting it operational ... follow them one at a time without skipping anything. tell us where you are and one step at a time we'll get you through to the other side. but that's not guaranteed to be "fast" by any means.
williamconley

Postby elviskom » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:59 pm

williamconley wrote:as a rule, a time limit to get your first vicidial server online is a recipe for disaster. generally better to pay someone to get one online and then you can breathe, take your time (back up the operating server!) and play with it for several years.

the steps in the manual for building the server and getting it operational ... follow them one at a time without skipping anything. tell us where you are and one step at a time we'll get you through to the other side. but that's not guaranteed to be "fast" by any means.

if course i understand ....like every advanced program it will take time to get a better understanding of it .....and i will surely do my best ...but it would be a huge help if you could help me on these few little problems that divide me from a functional system to a non functional one/

for the moment my only problem is this

NOTICE[2795]: chan_sip.c:8208 sip_reg_timeout: -- Registration for 'XXXXXXXXXX@XXX.XXX.XX.XX' timed out, trying again (Attempt #6)

any help on this.... ?
elviskom

Postby williamconley » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:17 am

firewall. your system is sending a packet but not getting a response.

so either your system is dumping the packet due to the internal firewall (unlikely, but can't be overlooked)

or the external firewall (router?) is intercepting and dropping the packet (not very likely either but ...),

or the server you are registering to is not responding (can't help you there, obviously)

or your firewall (hardware or software, internal or external, one of them) is dropping the return packet (this is the most common reason)

or there is a technical reason (externip in sip.conf?) that the packet is being sent to the wrong location.
williamconley

Postby elviskom » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:01 pm

deactivated the routers firewall fixed.....

its been working for almost a week now....lets see how it goes on

sorry i didnt mention this was my first try at installing a vicidial server
elviskom

Postby williamconley » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:30 pm

do not run it with your firewall off for more than one day.
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo