Install

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Install

Postby rezaahmed » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:33 pm

I have just downloaded the vicidial from the interent ,after the installation i have burn it into cd and then tried to install vici dial into my server , i was able to put my live ip into it ,but i am unable to configure it with the local ip ,can anyonce help me in this regards i would be very glad as how to do that thanks in advance cheers :P
rezaahmed

Postby williamconley » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Welcome aboard.

For starters: Always list your versions when posting. In this case, that would be the name of the .iso you downloaded (it will have the version number in it).

Next: You should be following the installation walk-through pdf from the Vicibox site for your installation. Following it step by step would mean that you could tell us exactly where the problem is (no general statements, but a technical description of the line on which you "fail"). This would allow you to get technical support that was directly meaningful to your exact situation, and we could help you through this trying time. ;)

That being said, please try to describe what the difference between a "live ip" and a "local ip" is and why you would have put in one vs the other during your installation?

If you are saying that your server has two network connections, one with an Internet IP (directly connected to the internet) and one with a local IP (connected to the local subnet and all your agent computers) ... then this is a simple OpenSuSE linux configuration within the "yast" network configuration. Not even related to Vicidial itself. As long as you do not CHANGE the IP address that Vicidial was installed with, you may ADD as many IP addresses as you like (but if you CHANGE the ip address that Vicidial believes it has, you must run the admin update server ip script, this process is in the manual).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby rezaahmed » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:42 pm

I have installed goautodial 2.1 version ,after instatting it in the server ,can you lease tell me what to do next and how to configure the live ip and the sub net for the agent computers ,please help ?
:cry:
rezaahmed

Postby Michael_N » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Michael_N

Postby rezaahmed » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:41 pm

thank you so much .!!!!!!!!i have that already
but can you tell me as how to put the ip in goautodal (command)and to distibute through subnet mask ,i am badly puzzled over here'
rezaahmed

Postby Michael_N » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:43 pm

I would recomend you to hire a person with knowledge of linux and networking to assist you with installing your dialer.
Michael_N

Postby rezaahmed » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:33 pm

i have already a technician for the last 2 years ,but he is doing some mischievies thing with my dailer and with my voip accounts and always used to ask for money thats why i planned to throw him out and wnt to keep control of that in my hand and want to learn every thing
so ,in desperate need i urge you to please teach me and guide to learn this pprocess only so that i can run my center :idea:
rezaahmed

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo