BASIC question about x100p

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

BASIC question about x100p

Postby one1 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:39 pm

I've got an X100P card, and just installed Vicibox. What I want to do is simply set up a IVR voice mail box that answers the phone, and takes a message.

I don't even know if the card is being recognized, and I'm not sure where to configure it. Do I need to edit some file somewhere, or is there a GUI way to set it up?

Thanks!
one1

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:37 am

when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and OS with kernel or version, vicidial version and build, asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box.

Similar to This:
Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X Build XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)
___

what manual are you using to install this system, and where did you stop (Page number? Item number?).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby one1 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:35 pm

hi
pls find below requested info

ViciBox_Redux.i686-2.0.2.iso

vicidial:~ # uname -a
Linux vicidial 2.6.27.45-0.1-pae #1 SMP 2010-02-22 16:49:47 +0100 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

vicidial*CLI> show version
Asterisk 1.4.27.1-vici built by root @ vicidial on a i686 running Linux on 2010-08-30 00:37:20 UTC

Telephony Hardware

YaST2 - hwinfo @ vicidial

│ └┬─Wildcard X100P │
│ ├──Bus ID: 3 │
│ ├──Bus: PCI │
│ ├──Class (spec): Communication controller │
│ ├──Class: Communication controller ┬
│ ├──Device Identifier (spec): 65537 │
│ ├──Device Identifier: 87560 ┴
│ ├──Device: Wildcard X100P │
│ ├┬─Drivers │
│ │├──Active: No │
│ │├──modprobe: Yes │
│ │└┬─modules │
│ │ └──modprobe wcfxo
│ ├──Hwcfg Bus: pci │
│ ├──Model: Motorola Wildcard X100P │
│ ├──Old Unique Key: buHs.6OwOjU_AsX7 │
│ ├──Parent Unique ID: 6NW+.clCealCK_QA │
│ ├┬─Resources │
│ │├┬─IO Port │
│ ││├──Active: Yes │
│ ││├──Length: 256 ┬
│ ││├──Mode: rw │
│ ││└──start: 59392 ┴
│ │├┬─IRQ │
│ ││├──Count: 0 │
│ ││├──Enabled: Yes │
│ ││└──IRQ: 15 │
│ │└┬─Memory
│ │ ├──Active: Yes │
│ │ ├──Length: 4096 │
│ │ └──start: 4273991680 │
│ ├──Slot ID: 2 │
│ ├──Subvendor Identifier: 69717 │
│ ├──Subvendor: Efar Microsystems │
│ ├──Sysfs ID: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:03:02.0 │
│ ├──Sysfs ID: 0000:03:02.0 │
│ ├──UDI: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_1057_5608 │
│ ├──Unique Key: 08OF.6OwOjU_AsX7 │
│ ├──Vendor Identifier: 69719 │
│ ├──Vendor: Motorola ┬
│ └──modalias: pci:v00001057d00005608sv00001055sd00000001bc07sc80i00

Single Server | No Extra Software After Installation
one1

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:48 pm

We prefer that you post the OS distribution common name. In this case since you installed from Vicibox Redux, it is "OpenSUSE".

Also, from your post, the "X100P" is indicative, but not absolute. I assume you purchased it and know the name of the manufacturer and the model #. Please post those on all future posts. Makes life simpler for those who are helping you to not have to "guess".

Was this card installed in the system during your initial installation, or did you add it "later"?

What manual are you using to install your system? (Please post a link to the directions you are using)

Where did you stop in the setup instructions?
williamconley

Postby one1 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:30 pm

williamconley wrote:We prefer that you post the OS distribution common name. In this case since you installed from Vicibox Redux, it is "OpenSUSE".

OS distribution : openSUSE 11.1

williamconley wrote:Also, from your post, the "X100P" is indicative, but not absolute. I assume you purchased it and know the name of the manufacturer and the model #. Please post those on all future posts. Makes life simpler for those who are helping you to not have to "guess".

You will find the manufacturer details below :
h t t p : / / w w w . x100p . c o m / products / FXO . p h p

williamconley wrote:Was this card installed in the system during your initial installation, or did you add it "later"?

What manual are you using to install your system? (Please post a link to the directions you are using)

It was installed during initial installation

williamconley wrote:

I have finished all manual steps, the problem is that the card is not recognized by the software
The manuel :
h t t p : / / downloads . vicidial . c o m / iso / vicibox / server / ViciBox_Redux-Install . p d f

thanks in advance
one1

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:48 pm

one1 wrote:
williamconley wrote:Also, from your post, the "X100P" is indicative, but not absolute. I assume you purchased it and know the name of the manufacturer and the model #. Please post those on all future posts. Makes life simpler for those who are helping you to not have to "guess".

You will find the manufacturer details below :
h t t p : / / w w w . x100p . c o m / products / FXO . p h p

That's a nice website. They are not, however a manufacturer. Digium manufactures cards, sangoma manufactures cards, and all sorts of companies manufacture knockoffs. Some actually put x100p on their "advertising", but at some point the NAME of the Manufacturer is "disclosed" to the purchaser along with an actual model number.

I'd like to help, but without the actual manufacturer of the equipment in question ... getting drivers to work can be tricky unless it actually works with digium/sangoma drivers.

There are many posts regarding the loading of digium/sangoma drivers for both asterisk and vicidial.
one1 wrote:
williamconley wrote:What manual are you using to install your system? (Please post a link to the directions you are using)

I have finished all manual steps, the problem is that the card is not recognized by the software
The manuel :
h t t p : / / downloads . vicidial . c o m / iso / vicibox / server / ViciBox_Redux-Install . p d f

thanks in advance

Perhaps it would help if you downloaded the VICIdial Manager's Manual and tried the tutorial(s) in it as well. They are located on EFLO.net.

Also, as a way to speed things up for information we'll probably be asking soon, what sort of lines are you connecting to this X100P card? (Where are you? Do you have any special hardware between your telephone company and your server?)
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo