Vicidial and dundi?

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Vicidial and dundi?

Postby emel_punk » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:32 pm

HI guys

Thanks for all the support that you gave me in last posts.

So im working now with a VICIDIAL in a machine(actually in a vmware) and another asterisk 1.6 in another machine(also vmware).
vicidial its intent to used only for agents for predictive lets call it V . and the other asterisk 1.6 as the main PBX as A.

so what i want to do actually is that not to register from A to V all the agents when i need them to work on a campaign. i tried to do DUNDI between the servers and share extensions between them safetly and directly they can connnect perfectly and make calls.

BUT Vicidial off course do some verification in the agent webpage. and does not work with it. So what can i do to make VICIDIAL use extensions created in A with out create/register and log in and out between V an A.

any sugestion?
emel_punk

Postby williamconley » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:51 am

i have no idea what you just asked. i get the general idea ... but how about this: show us an error that you are seeing, tell us how you GOT the error, and ask us how to STOP the error.

there are several methods of auto-logging an agent on (for instance there's a method that allows the user to log on before the phone, to Quote From Matt: "Or if your agents are tied to a phone you would set the phone login and password in the User modification screen and then copy the options-example.php file to options.php and change this value to "1": $user_login_first = '0';") If that helps :)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby emel_punk » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:56 pm

ill try to make myself clear and break language barrier.

this is what i got

web-------VICIDIAL--------------ASTERISK1.6-------------ext1104

i got the extension 1104 actually created in server asetrisk1.6 so i shared extensions between servers with dundi. i configured vicidial to call ext1104 after i logged in into vicidial agent web but this is what i got

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk12 ... lerror.jpg

and let me try what you told me if see if it help me.
emel_punk

Postby williamconley » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:13 pm

shared extensions between servers with dundi
does this extension create a "phone" in the "phones" table in Admin->Phones? (If not, then "it's not active in the system" for login. That's where the login information is stored. In the phones table.
williamconley

Postby emel_punk » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:23 am

oh it does not. the extensions are just stored in asterisk 1.6 and not created with vicidial admin webpage. so ive figured out that you told me.

what can i do for that? whats your suggestion?
emel_punk

Postby williamconley » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:28 am

are you moving existing users from extension to extension, or are you adding new users and extensions, when you "dundi" them?
williamconley

Postby emel_punk » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:11 pm

im moving users to extensions in asterisk1.6
emel_punk

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:28 pm

if they do not exist anywhere in asterisk you can't use them.

are you creating new fresh users/phones in vicidial with the dundi system to match the users in the external asterisk system or are you trying to "connect" existing users/phones in vicidial with a different user on the external system via dundi or some other task

ie: WHY are you using dundi? be clear about the purpose ... no "brochure", don't try to sell it to me or explain how it's a good idea, i'm just trying to figure out your "goal" ... as in you don't want to create users in vicidial, you want to use dundi to create them based on someone creating an account on a web site or some such. fuller picture. right now *I* am lost. bring me up to speed!
williamconley

Postby emel_punk » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:09 pm

OK

i want to not create or use vicidial to admin extensions and queues just by the fact that they are already created in asterisk1.6 and thats the main server, PBX. so we need vicidial to manage campaign predictive , progressive and so on.

i dont want to create them in vicidial because :
1) all extensions are created in asterisk 1.6 wit freepbx is the main PBX
2) i dont want the agent to every time they want to be work on a campaign they have to change sip phone settings to the other server (vicidial).

I am using dundi cause i can share dial plan settings between servers safetly. so i guest i can share extensions in asterisk1.6 server with vicidial server.

thats the reason of "any ideas" am asking. maybe there is another easy way to do this.
emel_punk

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:21 pm

if they do not exist in the vicidial tables, how do you propose that vicidial be informed to dial them? (vicidial is not just asterisk, there are many components involved ... these scripts initiate calls to agents based on table entries)

if your cool dundi system isn't capable of creating them in the vicidial tables, it may be time to move on to a new plan.

Why not just set the vicidial sip phones to call the asterisk 1.6 server where the agent is? (and have the asterisk 1.6 server send the inbound call request straight to the agent's phone.) To do this, you need to have the Admin->Phones setting for each phone set to call the asterisk 1.6 server with appropriate credentials to call that agent on that server. No dundi required for that.

Of course, if you create them in the vicidial gui and then use dundi to alter "where they go", that would work. but they must exist in vicidial's tables for vicidial to know to call them (so make 100 of them and use them one at a time?)
williamconley

Postby emel_punk » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:18 pm

Well if you mean setting up "Server IP" creating earlier the correct settings for server asterisk16. i ve already did that and nothing happens.
i thougth was someting with asterisk 1.6 and his manager incomatibility so i decided to put to work some workarround by myself(dundi) . by meaning nothing happens is nothing... no activity on 5038 is detected in 1.6

or is in somewhere else?
emel_punk

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:06 pm

nope. i meant setting up a record for the phones. the server ip for the phones MUST be a vicidial server (ie: full install of vicidial on that server)
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo