mISDN drivers and BRI card used as timer

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

mISDN drivers and BRI card used as timer

Postby DarknessBBB » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:11 am

Hi there,
We've a lot of spares BRI cards (Beronet), and in the docs I read that they can be used as timing source.
timer=<1|0>
Set this to 1 if you want hfcmulti to register at ztdummy (zaptel) and provide a 1khz timing source for it. This makes it possible to have an accurate timing source for Asterisk through zaptel from hfcmulti to make applications like Meetme and faxing between wctdm and hfcmulti work properly.

I download the sources of asterisk using
zypper install asterisk-vici-devel
zypper source-install asterisk-vici

I see that mISDN is already installed with the command:
Code: Select all
vicidial:/usr/src # zypper install mISDN*
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
'mISDNuser' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'mISDNuser-1.1.20-12.1.i586'. The highest available version is already installed.
'mISDN' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
No provider of 'mISDN' found.
'mISDN.tar.bz2' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
No provider of 'mISDN.tar.bz2' found.
'mISDNuser.tar.bz2' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
No provider of 'mISDNuser.tar.bz2' found.
Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.
vicidial:/usr/src #

But I cannot go beyond. Usually I use sources of dahdi, asterisk, libpri and mISDN, but with vicidial and rpms I'm a real newbye :s[/code]
DarknessBBB

Postby williamconley » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:24 am

Try the asterisk forums for BRI cards or the manufacturer site if you get no answers here. This is a purely asterisk question, and there are (theoretically) a lot more asterisk users than there are Vicidial users.

It does not really look to me like it's installed. You may have a certain portion of it (User), but not the whole thing. There were several "fails" after that first partial success.

Have you ever successfully installed on another system?

-------------

when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system.

Similar to This:
Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X Build XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo