ViciBox v.6.0.4 released

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

ViciBox v.6.0.4 released

Postby Kumba » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:58 pm

In addition to being the official 6.0.4 release, it also has these fixes applied:

- ViciBox Redux v.6.0.4
* Updated to SVN 2401 v.2.12-515a build 151007-2224
* Updated repo keys
* Updated vicibox-upgrade to use new manifest files present in trunk
* Modified my.cnf and my-bigvici.cnf with proper slave-skip-errors settings
* Added mydumper/myloader SQL utilities

Of particular note is the new vicibox-upgrade which can be copied to older installs to upgrade the cluster. It uses a manifest file in SVN so that it works going forward with future upgrades. HOpefully that alleviates the issue with upgrades not working right depending upon which vicibox was installed on the system.

Another extremely useful utility is mydumper and myloader. These are paralellized MySQL dump/load utilities which SIGNIFICANTLY speed up the whole process. For instance, a database that would take 30 minutes to dump using mysqldump takes around 5 with mydumper. For legacy support it's not used but is available so you can use it in your own scripts.
Kumba

Re: ViciBox v.6.0.4 released

Postby roopram1 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:38 am

At present i have installed Vicibox 6.0.4 preloaded ISO with SVN 2937 and using E1 lines for 15 agents on a single machine.
Till now we are going smooth but we are planning to expand this setup and go for cluster setup with server class hardware machines.
I request guidance of forum members to setup this.

I am planning to use below mentioned hardware for cluster setup for 150 Agents on outbound calling with dial level of 4:1. Please help me with the mysql and asterisk configuration after vicibox 6.0.4 install.

Machine1:::MYSQL Master Server: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz / 48G RAM / 16 Processors / Hardware RAID 1 300G HDD
Machine2:::Asterisk-Web Server: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz / 48G RAM / 16 Processors / Hardware RAID 1 146G HDD / 8 Port Digium Wildcard PRI E1 card
Machine3:::Archive Server: Dual core CPU / 500G HDD / 4G RAM
Machine4:::MYSQL Slave Server: Dual core CPU / 300G HDD / 4G RAM

Please suggest will this handle the load or i need to add some thing else also please suggest the MySQL configuration.
roopram1

Re: ViciBox v.6.0.4 released

Postby williamconley » Thu May 03, 2018 7:51 pm

roopram1 wrote:At present i have installed Vicibox 6.0.4 preloaded ISO with SVN 2937 and using E1 lines for 15 agents on a single machine.
Till now we are going smooth but we are planning to expand this setup and go for cluster setup with server class hardware machines.
I request guidance of forum members to setup this.

I am planning to use below mentioned hardware for cluster setup for 150 Agents on outbound calling with dial level of 4:1. Please help me with the mysql and asterisk configuration after vicibox 6.0.4 install.

Machine1:::MYSQL Master Server: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz / 48G RAM / 16 Processors / Hardware RAID 1 300G HDD
Machine2:::Asterisk-Web Server: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz / 48G RAM / 16 Processors / Hardware RAID 1 146G HDD / 8 Port Digium Wildcard PRI E1 card
Machine3:::Archive Server: Dual core CPU / 500G HDD / 4G RAM
Machine4:::MYSQL Slave Server: Dual core CPU / 300G HDD / 4G RAM

Please suggest will this handle the load or i need to add some thing else also please suggest the MySQL configuration.

1) Before you begin, you should upgrade your Vicidial (not Vicibox, which is the installer, but ViciDIAL which is the dialer software) to the latest version. This does not require updating your OS, just the Vicidial scripts and the DB. Look up the method on the wiki. But the short version is:

cd /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk; svn up; cat UPGRADE;

That UPGRADE doc has instructions. svn up will download the latest files to your server (without changing anything that's actually in use right now).

Get a good solid backup before you begin.

2) If you upgrade the vici version first: This will allow you to use the latest installer instead of continuing to use the 6.0.4 outdated installer.

3) Do you have a copy of the Vicidial Manager's Manual? It has a lot of information regarding server roles and configuration.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo