Email Chat problems

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Email Chat problems

Postby bghayad » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Hello;

vicibox 6.0.4, vicidial 2.12-546a, Build 160328-0316, asterisk 1.8.32.3-vici, Single Machine

I am facing two problems with Email Chat:
1) After added the email account, if I did not do any changes in the fields and I clicked on update, it gives me the following error:
ACCOUNT NOT UPDATED
The data you submitted has the following errors:
- There was an unknown error when attempting to update account XYZW

2) At agent screen, when I click on Email tab and I clicked on refresh, I get the error: ERROR - ID variable missing

I enabled Allow Email in system settings and in campaign. Also I placed the following in the crontab:
* * * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_inbound_email_parser.pl

Moreover, I created email group and added to the campaign.

Note: The email username and password and the IMAP server is the same settings that I use it in my outlook client configuration.
Appreciate the kindly help to resolve this problem and if possible to know what kind of trouble shooting that I can do to help in determining the reason of the problem.
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Re: Email Chat problems

Postby williamconley » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:37 pm

Username or Password have any Special Characters in it? What steps did you follow to set up the account?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:45 pm

Hello;
Thanks a lot William for your kindly reply.
Actually I was able to make the email working but I have to type the command from the CLI:

machine:/ perl /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_inbound_email_parser.pl --force-check

(So what could be the problem the crontab? Is it wrong that I placed * * * * *?).

But what I noticed that whenever I type this command, it return for me the emails that already received and replied to it and so on (whenever I type this command, it repeat the same emails that I received and replied to it).
Also, when I type:
machine:/ perl /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_inbound_email_parser.pl --debugX

I do not receive emails. It look like that it works only with --force-check !!

One more thing: If the email contains images (like company logo, or if it contains the sender signature and the name in bold font and so on) or attachments, I do not see the images or the attachments. So what is the solution in this case?!
Coming back tot the Admin configuration, why we do not set the SMTP server, how the agent will reply for the sender without setting the SMTP server IP address?

Appreciate the kindly help.

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:57 pm

That was a lot to unload all at once. One thing at a time: What do the instructions/options say about using the "force" option? Do the instructions say What is forced exactly?

Have you tried it with BOTH options? (force and debug)

What other options are available?

Have you executed it with --help?
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:39 am

Hello William;

Now I am able to make it work through crontab by adding the below line in the crontab:
Code: Select all
*/1 * * * * perl /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_inbound_email_parser.pl --debugX

But the problem that the multiple insertion. Actually, the same email is keep coming for the agent even if it was received. So why this multiple insertion for the same email?!

The options for the command are:

[--debug] = verbose debug messages
[--debugX] = extra verbose debug messages
[--force-check] = forces check of email
[--ssl-no-cert] = ignores ssl cert verification

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:45 pm

Who is the mail server? If the server is non-standard, it may not behave properly to mark the email read or delete it.

Perhaps you should try with a generic provider (gmail, hotmail, yahoo ...)
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:40 pm

Thank you William. Yes I created email using yahoo and it worked fine without multiple insertions. But how I can resolve it with Godady email? What is the reason for this multiple insertion and how can be resolved please? Because it is not possible to make it as a must to use yahoo, gmail and hotmail and not using the own server :cry:

From the other side: This Email Agent is not receiving attachments? I sent attachments and did not see any thing in the table inbound_email_attachments and even I do not see a place at the Agent screen to download the attachment?!

Again, special thanks for your kindly help.

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:59 pm

I generally recommend sticking to one issue at a time.

If one email server/service works and another does not, it would be time to pay someone to resolve the "methods" of the non-working service. There are basic standards, but not everyone adheres to them ... and there are no "rules" per se. So Godaddy is free to implement pop3/imap however they choose to do so.

Either rip into the code itself or pay someone to do it on your behalf OR execute the code with some form of debug invoked and bring us the relevant lines to perhaps resolve it here.
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:05 pm

Debugging email issues is a PAIN to do. There are so many services that do not conform to standards, and we have actually had problems with clients trying to use Godaddy email before. When they switched to GMail, all of their problems went away.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bghayad » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:12 pm

So in this case, we setup gmail email account, and we forward the email to this gmail account (as already the customers are going to send their emails to the company email which might be not gmail account). Is this the best practice as the debugging email issues is a pain?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:02 pm

bghayad wrote:So in this case, we setup gmail email account, and we forward the email to this gmail account (as already the customers are going to send their emails to the company email which might be not gmail account). Is this the best practice as the debugging email issues is a pain?

Regards
Bilal

If it works. LOL. We use automation in Redmine with Godaddy accounts, but that functionality is built in to Redmine's email parsing system.
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:40 am

And how the automation in Redmine resolved the Godaddy accounts problem with Email Agent? Because the problem between the vicidial Email Agent and the Godaddy accounts.

Or you are talking about only about creating emails with the issues automatically (which is not related to Email Agent problem with Godaddy accounts)?
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby bghayad » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:49 am

Hello;

Coming back to the attachment, the email agent able to receive attachments or not?
I am not able to find any attachment in the database table although I was sending emails to the agent with attachments.

Thanks.
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby bghayad » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:29 pm

Hello;

I did multiple tests. I tried using gmail account and using yahoo account and using godaddy account and I tried to send from yahoo email to gmail email and from godaddy to gmail and so on ... A lot of scenarios. Sometimes I received the attachment and sometimes I was able to reply and I got the reply. Actually, when I configured the account to be at godaddy (the account that the agent will receive emails on it), I was able to receive the agent reply. But I never succeed to receive the agent reply if the account was yahoo or gmail. But also when the account is godaddy, it is keep fetching the emails (repeated times!!!).

One of the important thing that yahoo and gmail was sending email notification that a none secure email client is trying to access your account and if I am going to accept this, I might be under security risk because my email might be more vulnerable!!

I know that Email Agent is new feature and might be not stable. But I appreciate if someone can help me and direct me, at least I can know if there is settings to overcome this or it is still not stable because of code and it is required to work on it?

Anyone had success to use it and able to receive the attachments and see the signature image that might come with the email and able to reply and the reply is received? If someone had this success, I would to get the help in setting this feature to be used in successful way.

But one thing was working fine ONLY, that I can receive the text emails always (without attachment always).

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby bghayad » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:16 pm

Why there is no SMTP settings in the email account? How the agent will reply for the sender?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby bghayad » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:01 am

Hello;

Is there any special settings that need to be done at gmail or yahoo account to have compatibility with vicidial email agent?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:45 pm

We recommend using IMAP, not POP3/SMTP.

As for yahoo/gmail, we have several clients using them with VICIdial.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:01 pm

bghayad wrote:And how the automation in Redmine resolved the Godaddy accounts problem with Email Agent? Because the problem between the vicidial Email Agent and the Godaddy accounts.

Or you are talking about only about creating emails with the issues automatically (which is not related to Email Agent problem with Godaddy accounts)?
Regards
Bilal

The email parser in Redmine that "reads" the email does not "resolve" any problem with the Vicidial email agent. It is a separate application that reads email and just so happens to be able to speak "Godaddy" without breaking.

It reads the email and places the comments in the redmine ticket to which it believes they are associated with. So far, no problems with Godaddy.

That means that extracting the code from redmine and using it in the Vicidial system would, theoretically, allow the Vicidial email parser to also speak Godaddy. Two separate packages, one works with Godaddy and the other (according to you) does not. We've not tested.
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo