No Recordings

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

No Recordings

Postby bobby » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:01 pm

I have just done a fresh install of Vicibox (for the first time). Have enabled campaign recording under the admin pages.

I notice that the /var/spool/asterisk/ and the subfolders are empty even though i have enabled all calls to be recorded.

Initially thought it was a permissions issue on these folders so have done a chmod 777 on all the subfolders. Yet no change.

Appreciate your help.
bobby

Postby williamconley » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:37 pm

calls are recorded but not "mixed" unless you activate mixing and decide what format ... read the manager's manual regarding how and where to store/name the recordings. There are entries in "cron" (crontab -e is the command line to view cron jobs) which accomplish the tasks involved, but there is server load involved and some choose to do this after hours and have the files offloaded automatically.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Where are the recordings?

Postby bobby » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Well I have activated the Campaign recording for all calls, and have not changed the default settings for conf files. So where are the recordings stored?
Earlier installs did not require anything special to be done for recording except to enable recording in the campaign. Why is it not happening now? Also if it is happening then where are the files cause all the /var/spool/asterisk sub directories are empty.

I am trying the Vicibox edition for the first time but vicidial installs earlier never had an issue like this (and many other).

Any ideas? I have looked at the locations in asterisk.conf and they point to the default location in /var/spool/asterisk....where do I look for this?

Not sure if this has anything related - but I also find that the calls are happening only in manual mode, not in PD mode. In PD mode the calls are placed and seem to go thru but nothing connects back to the agents.

Additionally I get this strange error in the CLI msgs
NOTICE[10533]: chan_local.c:526 local_alloc: No such extension/context 58600053@default creating local channel
NOTICE[10533]: channel.c:2514 __ast_request_and_dial: Unable to request channel Local/58600053@default

Any ideas?
williamconley wrote:calls are recorded but not "mixed" unless you activate mixing and decide what format ... read the manager's manual regarding how and where to store/name the recordings. There are entries in "cron" (crontab -e is the command line to view cron jobs) which accomplish the tasks involved, but there is server load involved and some choose to do this after hours and have the files offloaded automatically.
bobby

Postby williamconley » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:06 pm

sounds like your install may not have completed. if there are any folders or extensions missing, your best bet is to re-install after verifying the .iso download. perhaps even burn a new .iso just to be safe. corrupt downloads can give you HOURS of headache.

if, however, you accidentally changed something truly odd ...

well, you CAN compare your vicibox installation to a bootable Vicibox Demo (compare extensions.conf and its includes and the various folders).

The Demo is one of the single coolest things The Vicidial Group ever published. Fully functional but not configured (but you don't care about that, you just want to see what the fully functional box has compared to yours!)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mcargile » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:55 am

The extensions 58600XXX in the asterisk dialplan are how the recordings enter into the agents conference to record. The fact that Asterisk cannot find this extension explains why you are not getting any call recordings. Have you edited extensions.conf?
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo