DB not created and Asterisk not installed

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

DB not created and Asterisk not installed

Postby ykhan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:59 am

I ran the installer and after the installation completed, the asterisk DB was not created and Asterisk was not installed. I have restored a DB from another system, but should I just follow Phase 4 in teh scratch install to complete my install?
Yousaf Khan
For installation and Support.
VoIP to North America from $0.009/min
Phone: +1 (647) 891-5426
Email: ykhan@duologuecommunications.com
ykhan

Postby mcargile » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:52 pm

The installations scripts do not do things in the exact order as the scratch install. If the database did not get setup properly there is most likely something else wrong. I would highly suggest redoing the installation and make certain that the network is properly configured on the server during the beginning installation.

The installer is also not perfect yet which is why it is an RC release. Most of the problems seem to stem from DNS issues, and issues with the various web servers where components are downloaded from. Other problems seem to be with the how Ubuntu managers their repositories.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Postby ykhan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:30 am

I tried to reinstall, but again after a complete install components were missing. THis time even Screendid not get installed.

Does the installer generate errors at runtime to enable diagnosis of the cause? Will it throw an exception if it does not get a connection to the internet etc?

The network settings I gave were working after install so I don't see why the system would have issues with downloading packages during the install.

When are you expecting rc3 with the packages n the CD to come out?
Yousaf Khan
ykhan

Postby mcargile » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:14 pm

There should be a log file in /var/log/astguiclient/ if it even got that far.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Postby ykhan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:24 pm

Ok, so I managed to install the whole server. For anyone facing a similar issue, use 4.2.2.1 as DNS when prompted during install. Turns out that my DNS from the ISP was not working well (using Rogers).
Yousaf Khan
ykhan

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo